Bots Edit Wikipedia - Artificial Intelligence At Work?

I stumbled upon a Wikipedia article that says not only humans, but the bots edit Wikipedia as well. Specially coded computer programs keep track of the changes made by human editors to Wikipedia and are intelligent enough to keep track of who's doing what and where.

Read: Meet the 'bots' that edit Wikipedia - BBC News

I've been wondering, what kind of algorithms are being put to use? Can we have a small scale version of a similar bot written for CE as well? Let's say a bot that catches SMS lingo being used in posts on CE? Anyone wants to attempt it?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Bumping up the thread. No one to take up the challenge? It's going to be a simpler spell checker bot; I guess; or it's more complicated?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Good idea. However, SMS english may get enabled in the spell checker too.
    I remember Reader's Digest reporting on machine translation from English to Russian of the line from the Bible: 'the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak' came out as: 'the vodka is good but the meat has gone bad'.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    That's Amazing ! Yes if we can add such bot for CE we can remove all the sms texts entered by user and this can be your Final year project Computer Science and IT Engineers.
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    Is this a vBulletin 5 Connect, The World's Leading Community Software forum site? Or is it phpBB • Free and Open Source Forum Software? Simple Machines Forum - Free & open source community software? Other?

I thought surely vBulletin would offer something like a bot for their customers, but I looked briefly and didn't see anything. That's surprising.

The Wikipedia format software itself is freely available for download. Though I guess they wouldn't make the bot code available, since it would help the bad guys circumvent it. Still, I'd be surprised if there's really nothing already available.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mr. Dick Costolo the CEO of Twitter, in an interview with The New York Times has told that Twitter is working on a tool which will let the users export...
This one is pretty simple(might have been already posted...😛) even then i publish this..! enjoy working this out..! Three Masters of Logic wanted to find out who was the wisest...
in most of the conventional devices the losses in standby state is higher due to the variations in the properties of the device both with temperature and with voltage input...
how can i tap the power generated from solar energy and wind energy....?
Is the talent acquisition pattern used in industries these days? If yes, What is it actually? Or still the "Higher" degrees are preferred?😒