Books On Agriculture Entrepreneurs

I am searching for books on agricultural entrepreneurs and agriculture in general. I want them in Indian context. Those I found were American and I guess not much work is done in India.

One is "You can farm"-Joel Salatin
"Everything I want to do is illegal: War stories from local food front"-Joel Salatin
"Starting and running your own small farm business"-Sarah Beth Aubrey.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I have no idea about books. But here is some reading material that is relevant and more importantly related to the Indian Context.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

They are technology entrepreneurs in India going the green way and promoting the 'agriculture entrepreneurship' bandwagon. 👍
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    AbraKaDabra
    I have no idea about books. But here is some reading material that is relevant and more importantly related to the Indian Context.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

They are technology entrepreneurs in India going the green way and promoting the 'agriculture entrepreneurship' bandwagon. 👍
    This is exactly what I was looking for. Many say that Farming is loser's business. But I feel the other way round. If it is the loser's business, then it has a lot of potential to become a winner's business.

Why youth from Indian families are turning away from agriculture because they see "Farmer Suicide". They fail to see that farmers are in debt because of their own inaccuracies. If we remove them, agriculture is like any other business. There is nothing unusual about it.

I earlier wanted to share about Rahul Gala on CE but didn't. Doubting how many of us think beyond "AGRICULTURE IS JUST AN INVESTMENT OPTION". There are actually many ways that we can reap HUGE profits from this primary occupation.

No body thinks about medicinal crops having huge demands in foreign. We learnt that "Cash crops are profitable crops" only in our geography books but forget to implement it in real lives.

Let us wait till we have more CEans to share their own story on Agriculture Entrepreneurship 😀
  • Sameer_Ahmed
    Sameer_Ahmed
    Many Thanks to you!!
  • Sameer_Ahmed
    Sameer_Ahmed
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Check this out!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just a few minutes ago, I wrote a brief email to an influential personality who's trying to drive development in central India. I was asked for my ideas and while...
Why is it necessary to use iron core in the LVDT (Linear Varibale Different Transformer)?
Hi, My name is Franck. I am trying to use the RFM70 -D via PIC18F4610 but my knowledge in this area is a bit weak. Basically I do not completely...
I hope this isn't the wrong place to post this kind of question. I'm building a home made "long tail" outboard motor. I'm trying to take a 9HP Hatz diesel...
i got 93.6%le rank 7159 & GATE score 428 in Mechanical engg. gate 2012. I am in O.B.C. category. Can i get DCE. or i can get more better college.............please...