Book IRCTC Tickets Faster With Advance Payment System

IRCTC is arguably the biggest ecommerce website in India. Most of the train travelers prefer to book their tickets online via IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) website. But those who've used it know how painful it is to book tickets on the site; especially during the high-traffic periods. IRTC has just launched RDS aka Rolling Deposit Scheme which will allow people to deposit money in advance and then pay it quickly whenever required.

In order to register for the RDS scheme, users will have to pay a flat fee of Rs. 200 or 250. Once registered, users will have to maintain account balance of about Rs. 1500 - 2000. The system allows direct transfer of money via netbanking.

The biggest advantage of the system is when you've to book the 'tatkal' tickets. You will no longer have to wait for the bank or credit card transaction to complete. I'd recommend this service to everyone; though I'm not enrolled for it yet. I invite everyone who's availed this servie to share your views and reviews of this service.

Replies

• sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    I hope this would be beneficial for the customers..
    Few minutes ago, I was booking my ticket through IRCTC but due to some problems the amount got deducted from my account and the ticket also not got booked!!😔
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Do not worry . Your amount will get debited back in 3 days time.
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    The_Big_K
    IRCTC is arguably the biggest ecommerce website in India. Most of the train travelers prefer to book their tickets online via IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) website. But those who've used it know how painful it is to book tickets on the site; especially during the high-traffic periods. IRTC has just launched RDS aka Rolling Deposit Scheme which will allow people to deposit money in advance and then pay it quickly whenever required.

In order to register for the RDS scheme, users will have to pay a flat fee of Rs. 200 or 250. Once registered, users will have to maintain account balance of about Rs. 1500 - 2000. The system allows direct transfer of money via netbanking.

The biggest advantage of the system is when you've to book the 'tatkal' tickets. You will no longer have to wait for the bank or credit card transaction to complete. I'd recommend this service to everyone; though I'm not enrolled for it yet. I invite everyone who's availed this servie to share your views and reviews of this service.
    Thanks a lot for the information K! I always book my tickets in irctc. Seriously, the tatkal process takes so much time especially after the change in time.
    I will avail this and come up with the review soon.👍
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    anuraadha
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Do not worry . Your amount will get debited back in 3 days time.
    What if not? I didn't receive my payment from some of my failed transactions. It shows payment not received from bank.

And ya, it is nice. Will look into it.
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    Sada
    What if not? I didn't receive my payment from some of my failed transactions. It shows payment not received from bank.
    I don't think so. how long has it been so? And you can enquire about the transaction through toll free number given in the website.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    anuraadha
    I don't think so. how long has it been so? And you can enquire about the transaction through toll free number given in the website.
    It was like that from the last 3 months. Okay will try calling toll free number.
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    Sada
    It was like that from the last 3 months. Okay will try calling toll free number.
    Oh! Sorry. I don't know. Yeah better to do that.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    anuraadha
    Do not worry . Your amount will get debited back in 3 days time.
    Ya I mailed to the id given there becoz toll free no. wasn't working and i received a mail that I'll soon get the amount back.
    Also they suggested to use the 'Refund Status' under 'My Transactions'

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends! This is karishma doin my 1st year.. IT. I'm happy to be a part of CrazyEngineers community. Looks like an interesting website for engineers.
My name is Bhavesh Rai. I am persuing B.Tech. with Electrical & Electronics branch from galgotia college of engg. and Tech. Gr. noida.presently i am in 4th year.
want to know that it is feasible or not? if yes then how, what will be the procedure? please tell me as early as possible....... thanks.
Looking for ASP.net help - How to upgrade project vs2005 to project vs2008, I'm on Windows operating system.
I need some detailed explanation about this topic.. Please help me out..😨 What does this linear programming actually do in the cloud computing..??