BoltJS By Facebook: Fast, Powerful UI Framework In JavaScript!

Facebook's BoltJS is Fast, Robust and Powerful UI framework written entirely in JavaScript and runs in Browser. This means you won't need backend processing and everything runs in your browser. The framework will allow developers around the world develop UIs fast using HTML 5 and JavaScript.While it is the aim of the BoltJS project to support as many modern browsers as sensible, it is currently focused on supporting mobile WebKit browsers, with the intention of being the best possible development platform for mobile sites and HTML5 apps. Bolt is built on top of Javelin (#-Link-Snipped-#), from which it uses the event delegation and class declaration features, as well as various utility methods. This ensures that Bolt does not duplicate code already present in the Facebook codebase, helping it stay lightweight and reuse patterns familiar to Facebook developers.

Details: #-Link-Snipped-#

Are there any CEans willing to give BoltJS a try? Share your experience.

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I am right now working on BoltJS. Woah man! The performance compared to the normal JavaScript is awesome. Some problems are, the performance gradually degrades in the lower versions of browser, like IE6 (Still people use it). Another problem as well as a good thing is it uses HTML5, so we can get all the advantages of it. But, many browsers are not supporting those features and getting crashed, when activated. Graceful degradation is not so good.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Cellphone secret codes
Roland has launched their new synthesizer and it looks quite awesome! I obtained the following technical specifications from Roland's official website - Roland U.S. - JUPITER-80: Synthesizer The new synthesizer...
CEans, we've had threads to gather information about which phones CEans use. I'm starting this thread to find out which Smartphones are usually preferred by CEans. It would be great...
CEans, I'm looking for the most original final year project ideas that you've worked on. I'm especially looking for responses from CEans who've already worked on the innovative projects so...
This was the topic of GD in our college recently. It turned out to be a very heated debate. Many facets were discussed, some of which were: "Terrorists are not...