Boiled Egg in 15 minutes

I had come across this puzzle somewhere, I don't remember where. 😳

The puzzle is:
You have a 7 minutes and a 11 minutes hourglass. You have to boil an egg in 15 minutes. With the help of these 2 hourglasses how will you time 15 minutes?

Replies

• avii
    avii
    Hmm...

Starting the both hourglasses. When 7 min one finishes I'd have 4 mins left in 11 min one. Put the egg in boiler, start the 11 min one, it has 4 mins left. Then turn it over, gives 11 mins again. So it makes 4+11 = 15 😀

BTW I would need 5 more mins to add pepper, salt & gulp it 😁
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    That's right.

There is another solution too:
    Put the egg for boiling. Start both the hourglasses. After 7 minutes hourglass is completed, turn it over till the 11 minutes hourglass is completed. So the 7 minutes hourglass has now completed 4minutes, turn it over again. So it becomes: 7 + 4 + 4 = 15minutes.

PS: Extra 5 minutes granted for you. 😛
  • avii
    avii
    I think mine needs less work xD

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is an article from "BUSINESS INSIDER"regarding it. I personally think that the author is quite correct here. Learn the Rules for Entrepreneurship​
Burmese Government claims that it has helped over 6000 wannabes in their endevour. Here is the supporting article. Burmese Government Funds 6000 Enterprises!
Endeavor is a movement to bring together high impact entrepreneurs under one roof. It is basically going in and around Egypt. What do you think it is. Do we have...
Artificial Beach in Japan! Look at the way they've simulated an entire beach right inside a stadium. Only Japanese engineers can do it.
Hi i am a student studying mca in viziag I am very much interest about computers