Bodhjungnagar is all set to set-up IIIT; Total 20 in pipeline.

Tripura is all set to set-up an Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) in Bodhjungnagar. The identified location for the proposed institute in Bodhjungnagar, is some 25 km from state capital Agartala.

Besides Tripura, the union government has given its nod to set up IIITs in Assam and Rajasthan.
The funding will be borne by the central government 50 percent, state government 35 percent, and industry/private partnership 15 percent.

Tripura's Higher Education Department Secretary Kishore Ambuly stated in an interview that "State-owned ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation), NEEPCO (Northeastern Electric Power Corporation) and six private industrial houses from West Bengal have expressed willingness to be a partner of the Tripura IIIT. In the northeastern states, industry participation for capital expenditure would be kept at 7.5 percent instead of 15 percent. The central government participation will be at 57.50 percent (instead of 50 percent) while state governments' at 35 percent".

-CB

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It asks me to write something about myself. Well, I'm pretty excited to be here in this forum. I want to meet just anyone who wants to. Anyway, here it...
hei..i just finished my civil engineering degree...here i would like to share with you guys about our field....
if we want to get a passport what are all the required things ?(i mean birth certificates like that ..) can we get it easily if we apply through our...
Hello CEans, I'm quite pleased to find this platform online. I'm an Engineer with an inclination in Electrical/Instrumentation. I am self employed and currently a M.Eng student in Power Systems...
A confidential letter leaked on TechCrunch declares that Mozilla won't be actively developing the popular competitor to Microsoft's Outlook. Mozilla will pull out the developers working on Thunderbird to work...