BMW S1000R In India For Rs. 22.83 Lakh - Features & Specs At Glance

BMW Motorcycles India has launched their all new sports bike - the BMW S1000R as promised in the country today. The ravishing new street-naked bike from BMW might have been inspired from the BMW S1000RR and we now know that the bike's official price in India is Rs. 22.83 Lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai). Powered by a 999 cc water/oil-cooled 4-cylinder, 4-stroke in-line engine with four valves per cylinder and two overhead camshafts, the BMW S1000R delivers a max output of 160 hp (118 kW) at 11,000 rpm and max torque of 112 Nm at 9,250 rpm. The bike is said to run maximum speed of 125 miles per hour.

BMW-S1000R-pictures-2

The lines of the S 1000 R are designed to be striking at first sight, thanks to the aggressive tail-up/nose-down design, distinctive split face and the characteristic gills. The "R" shows much less of its sharp-edged, muscular skin. Inside the aluminum composite bridge frame with partially self-supporting engine, the BMW S1000R features a Upside-down telescopic fork 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable front suspension and Aluminum 2-sided swing arm, rebound damping adjustable rear suspension. There's a Constant-mesh 6-speed straight-toothed gearbox and a mechanically controlled Multiplate clutch in oil bath with anti-hopping clutch. The bike sports cast aluminium wheels and a wheelbase of 1,439 mm.

BMW-S1000R-pictures-1

At the front are dual floating disc brakes with radial 4-piston fixed calipers, whereas on the rear there's a single piston floating caliper disc brake. The S1000R is fitted with Race ABS and ASC (automatic stability control) as standard. The company boasts that the S1000R is the only roadster to feature a highly active electronic suspension which is able to adapt to riding conditions within milliseconds. It features DTC, an assistance system with banking sensor that can support maximum possible throttle response and prevent rear wheel spin when there is reduced friction on the road surface. On the other hand, there's DDC or Dynamic Damping Control directly from the BMW HP4.
The "Standard" package adds Ride Modes Pro (Rain, Road + Dynamic, Dynamic Pro), gear shift assist, DTC (dynamic traction control) and cruise control. The "Rain" mode - which provides a gentle throttle response, with ABS and ASC adapted to wet road surfaces, whereas "Road" mode - optimizes throttle response, ABS and ASC for dry asphalt.

That pretty much sums up the basic features and technical specifications of the new sports bike in India. How do you like the looks and performance details of the BMW S1000R? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Why 1000r and why not 1000rr? The RR model is iconic and is a legend in itself. I found out a few differences between the two bikes and it turns out that the 1000r is just as powerful as 1000rr. If anyone's keen on how the two bikes compare, take a look at this post: 2014 BMW S1000R- First Ride Review- Specs- Photos | Cycle World

I just hope that BMW folks announce the S1000RR in Indian markets officially for a price tag < 23L. I'd be happy to sell a few organs and empty my bank account to buy it.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Superbike - This title fits to the new BMW series.Its all new with power packed performance filled roadster.The specs looks too aggressive and advanced options as ASC and advanced brakes make it a real monster.

Why should we go for BMW at this whooping price tag when we can get similar 1000 cc bikes from Kawasaki ninja and suzuki hayabusa ?
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Amazing bike,

Its been only two months when BMW has launched this sporty bike; My guess it will take at-least six months before BMW will launch this in Indian Market.
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    too expensive folks!!!!!!!!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how to generate a signal whose on time (initially 1ms) and increments by .1ms everytime we push a button.i.e frst push gives 1.1ms then 1.2ms and so on upto 2ms...
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster, etc etc. Forgive me if this belongs in another forum. I'm a mining engineer working for a mining company. We design &...
Quote: For six months each year, the perennially dark and wind-swept plains of the southern polar ice cap have an average temperature of about 58 degrees Fahrenheit below zero. In...
Quote: WHETHER YOU ARE A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT, SCIENCE MAJOR IN COLLEGE OR A LIFELONG LEARNER, WORLD SCIENCE U IS WHERE YOU CAN EXPLORE THE WONDERS OF SCIENCE GUIDED BY...