Blue screen of death error

Hi everyone.. I've dell inspiron 15r laptop - 4gb ram, i3, 500gb (2011). From the past few months it just restarts without any reason (that i can find).. Tried installing new windows, updated softwares but still getting this error. I found some help online about specific error that comes on screen but the error no. - it keeps changing every time. However i took this screenshot when it happened again just few minutes after installing new windows.. Any helpful suggestions?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - It's a hardware driver related problem that 'may' be fixed by installing updated drivers from the DELL website. I think they've a utility that searches for and installs the drivers for your system. You just need to enter your machine's ID and the software will download all the critical drivers. I searched a bit and found that this could be related to your WiFi module; so make sure that you have all the latest drivers for your WiFi setup.

If the problem persists; I think the only thing you can do is contact DELL's official support.
  • aki.4517
    aki.4517
    Thanks for the reply, u're right about that. I already tried the DELL SUPPORT ASSIST software that automatically checks for outdated drivers nd other hardware problems but when i installed it nd it started analyzing the system, blue screen error came again - every time. So now I'll try downloading and updating the softwares manually too as us said.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    aki.4517
    Thanks for the reply, u're right about that. I already tried the DELL SUPPORT ASSIST software that automatically checks for outdated drivers nd other hardware problems but when i installed it nd it started analyzing the system, blue screen error came again - every time. So now I'll try downloading and updating the softwares manually too as us said.
    If updating to latest driver doesn't solve the issue, I'd suggest to get an external WiFi adapter and test with it for few days and see if BSOD still occurs. If not, then definitely your wireless card has a problem and you can make a call if you want to replace it.

Eg: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • aki.4517
    aki.4517
    Thanks for the info, I'll try with external wifi adapter. I guess I've different issues with my pc because after updating ALL softwares still in getting blue screen errors with different error no's. Screenshot_2016-08-28-12-43-22_com.miui.videoplayer IMG_20160826_233034_HDR Screenshot_2016-08-28-12-43-22_com.miui.videoplayerScreenshot_2016-08-26-22-52-38_com.miui.videoplayerIMG_20160826_233034_HDR
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    #-Link-Snipped-# , does the issue with NTFS.sys showed up now or its also often to see that?
  • aki.4517
    aki.4517
    No its not usual.. It just started after i updated the drivers. Nd now computer starts after 4-5 continous bluescreen errors.
  • aki.4517
    aki.4517
    [Prototype]
    #-Link-Snipped-# , does the issue with NTFS.sys showed up now or its also often to see that?
    No its not usual. It started coming now after i updated all drivers nd now computer starts only after 4-5 continous bluescreen errors.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    aki.4517
    No its not usual. It started coming now after i updated all drivers nd now computer starts only after 4-5 continous bluescreen errors.
    All, then its due to multiple abnormal shutdowns which may have caused corruption of some files.
    If you notice the Nets5s32 is common. That's related to the wireless driver. Try with the external wireless card, it should help you conclude the actual issue.
  • aki.4517
    aki.4517
    [Prototype]
    All, then its due to multiple abnormal shutdowns which may have caused corruption of some files.
    If you notice the Nets5s32 is common. That's related to the wireless driver. Try with the external wireless card, it should help you conclude the actual issue.
    Ok.. Anyways i just installed CLEAN AND NEW windows 7. After installing i immediately got bluescreen error with code 0x00000050 again and computer is restarting itself multiple times after that, and windows are not opening. Only two options come 1)launch startup repair - that restarts computer. 2)start windows normally - that also restarts it. Could that be because of wifi card? I didn't installed a single new software after installing windows but still getting this error.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    aki.4517
    Ok.. Anyways i just installed CLEAN AND NEW windows 7. After installing i immediately got bluescreen error with code 0x00000050 again and computer is restarting itself multiple times after that, and windows are not opening. Only two options come 1)launch startup repair - that restarts computer. 2)start windows normally - that also restarts it. Could that be because of wifi card? I didn't installed a single new software after installing windows but still getting this error.
    Insert the Windows DVD and do the startup repair from it.
    Also refrain from re-installing windows so many times. Just manage to get the windows boot up and turn off the WiFi. If there's an option in your bios to disable WiFi card, do so before booting up.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, I am currently working in a medium scale industrial automation based firm. We deal with projects related to process automation. As a newbie to this field, I find...
Growing up in Bangalore, India's silicon valley, Anuradha N S found herself inexplicably attached towards computers and anything related to it. Her parents and her elder brother always encouraged her...
Uber, the global transport network that operates cabs all over the world suffered losses amounting to $1.2 billion (right, buhllion). The company has apparently become the biggest loss-making technology company...
In a bid to offer a better and larger battery life, Motorola has launched E3 Power- an upgraded version of Moto E3. The device like E3, features a 5-inch display...
i completed my M.E in communication systems and got placed in I.T company as Asst.System engineer. the joining date is only after 5 more months. Till then i am planning...