Blu-Ray

Hi Folks,

Blu-ray Vs HD-DVD

Blu-Ray also known as Blu-ray Disc (BD), is the name of a next-generation optical disc format jointly developed by the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA), a group of the world's leading consumer electronics.

Want more visit #-Link-Snipped-#
and tell which one is best for u

Thanks

Replies

• balaseven
    balaseven
    Blu-Ray Vs HD-DVD

Hi Folks,

Blu-ray Vs HD-DVD

Blu-Ray also known as Blu-ray Disc (BD), is the name of a next-generation optical disc format jointly developed by the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA), a group of the world's leading consumer electronics.

Want more visit #-Link-Snipped-#
    and tell which one is best for u

Thanks
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Recent on NEWS....world Giant TOSHIBA...is starting Revolution by using BLU-RAY as NEXT GEN. DIGITAL STORAGE MEDIA...overwriting its own HD-DVD.....consumers now who already have bought HD"s ...what should they do now...will they turn now to BLU-RAys investing Hell Lot of Money again or will TOSHIBA make some compromisation...wat U think ...........??
  • balaseven
    balaseven
    second one is my choice
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    just wait for 5more years guys,with advancement in quantum technology and nanotech,we will get 100 or more GB storage devices,as for now m happy with good old DVD's n pen-drives
  • mahul
    mahul
    My personal hunch is that we wont be seeing too much of optical storage in the future. And maybe apple too believes the same, with their new macbook air missing an optical drive. But we would need an cheap alternative for this to happen.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    But i also mentioned nanaotechnology which is goin great guns,anyhow we have came a long way from floopy-disks to blu-ray
  • mahul
    mahul
    I wasn't arguing against ur point buddy, just making a statement ๐Ÿ˜. And yeah, i am totally in agreement with you that nanotechnology would be supplying the next generation storage media.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    I was just clarifying,tats it no hard-feelings same here!!!
  • balaseven
    balaseven
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Do u think that nano tech is the only way to develop the next generation DVD.

Thanks
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    We Engineers are the biggest creators ...so did with DVD's,Hd's etc.But 1 thing is for sure that this storage devices are less in longivity when compared to age old TApe Media,which can kept intact any Movies,documentaries,etc for around 100 years or so,when compared to todays compressed Media storage devices,which can merely compete with such.So will it be harming ourselves in near future...or will such have a better practical realizations...
  • mahul
    mahul
    Well i feel we need to improve much more on longevity and speed than on size, we are quite developed on that ground i mean. while longevity and speed of medium are still poor.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Guys,if you go for longevity then u go for spl papers which our ancestors used,so that we can know our history.well nano tech is one of the ans there are other technologies too,but it is one of the promisig ones,and we should develop some memory which can store data at par with our brain,but recall it in more faster and effeciently......ta ta
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I'm glad I didn't hop on the HD-DVD bandwagon! You guys should have seen the debates they have at Neowin. I've never seen people so polarized between two formats before, haha.

Anyhow, yea.. Nano is the future! Did some research regarding it. We should start focusing on MEMS technology first ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    MEMS is another breakthrough combining electronics and mechanical systems in a single chip!!!,they have vast applications in Medical Sceinces!!
  • subbu
    subbu
    Hi,

I think blu-ray didn't give much impact,when compared with DVD.

Thanks
    subbu
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    mahul
    Well i feel we need to improve much more on longevity and speed than on size, we are quite developed on that ground i mean. while longevity and speed of medium are still poor.
    yep..as i said before longivity and stability in recollecting device storage elements is what i think was the main thing to focus while developing these Nano-techs,because if we made something for no use in future then why to make such๐Ÿ˜›
    blog reloaded:#-Link-Snipped-#
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    sauravgoswami
    Guys,if you go for longevity then u go for spl papers which our ancestors used,so that we can know our history.well nano tech is one of the ans there are other technologies too,but it is one of the promisig ones,and we should develop some memory which can store data at par with our brain,but recall it in more faster and effeciently......ta ta
    developement in science and technology sholuld'nt be for a few decades or so..rather it must be a History for the next generations to come and see what we had left for them,so if devices are poor in longivity and stability then how can we let them see their future๐Ÿ˜€

Blog reloaded:#-Link-Snipped-#
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    subbu
    Hi,

I think blu-ray didn't give much impact,when compared with DVD.
    thats true..toshiba is making a monopoly to take Blu-ray to go on HD's while the story is a bit different as consumers are rather focussed on DVd's..man what they wanna do๐Ÿ˜•
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    sauravgoswami
    MEMS is another breakthrough combining electronics and mechanical systems in a single chip!!!,they have vast applications in Medical Sceinces!!
    not only in medical science,๐Ÿ˜ฒMEMS promises to revolutionize nearly every product category by bringing together silicon-based microelectronics with micromachining technology, making possible the realization of complete systems-on-a-chip. MEMS is an enabling technology allowing the development of smart products, augmenting the computational ability of microelectronics with the perception and control capabilities of microsensors and microactuators and expanding the space of possible designs and applications.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    ash
    I'm glad I didn't hop on the HD-DVD bandwagon! You guys should have seen the debates they have at Neowin. I've never seen people so polarized between two formats before, haha.
    ๐Ÿ˜’so where have u hopped Ash๐Ÿ˜›

Blog reloaded:#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Didn't hop on anywhere, more of a spectator than anything. How could students afford these new gen players? lol. Hopefully the Bluray prices will fall down very soon.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Thats true,but challenges are high in medical sciences for MEMS,though it had to be proved in tough conditios..
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    ash
    Didn't hop on anywhere, more of a spectator than anything. How could students afford these new gen players? lol. Hopefully the Bluray prices will fall down very soon.
    So you are a window shopper๐Ÿ˜› and
    yes the price of Blu-ray is definately going to fall.๐Ÿ˜

Be proud to be a
  • balaseven
    balaseven
    Hi ,

Are MEMS and Nano similar?Is there any difference?

Thanks
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    MEMS has got lots of potential in every domain,but complexities is more in Medical sceince say an eye surgery,with MEMS we can even perform surgery or tret those sections which are dangerously out of reach of surgeons,anyhow with advances in technology,diagnostics technique have improved.
    I do agree MEMS has got equal advantages in othet domains,but m talking about need of the hour.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hello guys, please continue the discussion of MEMS and Nanotech here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    dude already a thread has been posted!!
  • balaseven
    balaseven
    Hi all
    Why cant we continue the debate on Blu-ray.

Thanks
    BS
  • gohm
    gohm
    What are you debating about blu-ray? The market has already decided the blu-ray Hd controversy. It was deja vu of the old vhs/betamax debate.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I wonder what it was like during those days, gohm ๐Ÿ˜›
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    By the there is an irony out there:

Blu-ray stand alone players are costly then the PS3 which plays blu-ray disks with same functionality. ๐Ÿ˜€

I am planning to buy one soon. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hmm, add to the fact that you can run Linux in PS3 too ๐Ÿ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am going 2 make a six stroke engine. pls help me 2 design my own cam shaft. is there any problem in drilling a hole in engine head n...
Okay, CE has been growing rapidly - all through search engines and mouth to mouth publicity ๐Ÿ˜€ It took us about 26 days to grow from 7k - 8k members....
if some one have a subscription, please respond... i need an urgent help.:?:
Hi CEans, How about a getogether in each of the cities? Is anyone game for the following cities - 1. Mumbai 2. Hyderabad 3. Pune What say? in Mumbai over...
Hi Folks, I want to compare schematics and layout using allegro( Design Entry HDL to PCB Editor). i.e If i click a particular component in schematics,it should display that component...