blind stick

what are the suggestion to improve the effectiveness of the blind stick?
i want to add infrared distance sensor,,,another suggestion?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    puteriadik
    what are the suggestion to improve the effectiveness of the blind stick?
    i want to add infrared distance sensor,,,another suggestion?
    Add a GPS module that ouputs voice instructions?
  • puteriadik
    puteriadik
    GPS module?means the instruction of direction the way that the blind people should go,,
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    puteriadik
    GPS module?means the instruction of direction the way that the blind people should go,,
    Yeah, why not?

It would be useful.
  • puteriadik
    puteriadik
    but the cost are high,,,and not all the blind people can buy it,,,i want put a sensor that can know the stair and pits,,,but i dont know the sensor and the circuit to make it,,,can help me,,,
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    GPS is a good idea! A simple one with battery pack would still be within weight constraints. But how will the user utilize it? They'll probably either need to predefined destinations, or the GPS unit is smart enough to understand simple commands (like Home, Grocery, etc).

However, for guiding blind users to avoid obstacles (like going on road), GPS should't be relied on considering its 5-10m positional accuracy.
  • puteriadik
    puteriadik
    the gps circuit are complicated,,,and i don't know,,,i want to build the simple one,,

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what sensor can detect stair and pits?i want to put it at a blind stick for my final year project,,,
i am making a project in which i want to drive 100 odd leds using LPC2148...but since it has less GPIO how do i go about it... i have heard...
help in architecture--- drawing full stage logic diagram for 16 microoperations and 2 variables using MUX 4x1 ? please reply asap.
hi everybody i want some idea abt my mechanical oriented project
Hi CEans, There is my coding in C for insertion of a new node at desired location(using call by reference method). During compilation the program succeed, but its not showing...