Blackberry, Skype, Gtalk Ban From April 01?

I hope DoT India is planning for April Fool's Day. According to Operators get deadline for Skype, BlackBerry info | India News - Times of India DoT has issued deadlines for the telecom operators to submit their plans that they'll provide access to the data transfer over their networks. If the operators fail to provide the plan, all the above mentioned services could be banned from the mobile devices.

DoT wants access to the data being transferred over the mobile devices as a security measure. However, even if DoT gets access to all the data, the analysis of all this data is going to be a horrendous task. 😐

What do you think?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sorry to write such a title...(as its not a new branch of engineering). I just needed some help from you people in deciding should engineering be considered according to situations..?...
I've been hearing few good and bad reviews about the WiMAX services being offered in India. It looks like Tata and Reliance are the big players and there are also...
How many engineers on CE have done a transaction on the Internet? It could be anything like - 1. Purchase an item online. 2. Transfer money online (within bank, or...
Please read this: Report: 3-year-old girl in Antique attracts attention for 'predicting' fires - Odds and Ends - GMA News Online - Latest Philippine News What can you say about...
We've tons of CEans visiting CE from Nagpur. As per the stats, we've about 4k visitors from Nagpur. Why not organize a meet in Nagpur? Interested candidates join in and...