Black_Rose

Name: Well I won't admit my real name for all to see, so for all the fellow CEans you may refer to me as BR, Black_Rose or Maya =)

Engineering Trade: Computer Systems

Occupation
: I'm a foundation year student, I was studying BA Politics before and changed in my second year.. πŸ˜’ don't ask LONG story.

Work Experience
: Nothing noteworthy *Sigh*

Hobbies & Interests
: Music, Music and er Music.

Aim in life
: Well there are a few goals I have in mind, but for the time being I'll keep them to myself.. so you all don't end up laughing when I fall flat on my face πŸ˜›

I joined CrazyEngineers because: Randomly, I came across it whilst researching a few things on MATLAB. Look forward to getting to know a few of you.

That's all really? Anything else.. ask me.

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Welcome to CE Black Rose, thanks for the intro. You know when you say not to ask people are compelled to ask! =)
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    ^^ Agh you're right, it draws in the curious. Hmph, I guess I fell into that hole all by myself. I got bored with Politics hence the change. Long story short.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Hello and welcome to CE. Enjoy and be an active member.
    Aim in life: Well there are a few goals I have in mind, but for the time being I'll keep them to myself.. so you all don't end up laughing when I fall flat on my face :razz:
    I know curiosity killed the cat but I couldn't stop myself. We would like to know your goals. Don't worry, no one will laugh at you. I assure you.
  • J I J O
    J I J O
    Welcome to CE and please be an active member.... enjoy the stay
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    Hi Black_Rose,Welcome to CE..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE Black Rose πŸ˜€ We hope you'll enjoy CE and help us spread the word.

PS: We've so many CEans interested in MATLAB. I'll try to get the MATLAB creators on CE. Let's hope they'll be interested.
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    raj87verma88
    Hello and welcome to CE. Enjoy and be an active member.

I know curiosity killed the cat but I couldn't stop myself. We would like to know your goals. Don't worry, no one will laugh at you. I assure you.
    Hey back at you! Thank you for the welcome. I shall endeavour to be an active member.

As for my aims, they are the same as everyone else.. I want to rule the world? 😎
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    J I J O
    Welcome to CE and please be an active member.... enjoy the stay
    miniy
    Hi Black_Rose,Welcome to CE..

Thank you guys :$

The_Big_K
    Welcome to CE Black Rose πŸ˜€ We hope you'll enjoy CE and help us spread the word.

PS: We've so many CEans interested in MATLAB. I'll try to get the MATLAB creators on CE. Let's hope they'll be interested.
    I would love to see an interview with them, it's a shame I didn't find this site earlier, I have a ten minute presentation on MATLAB tomorrow *sigh* My timing sucks?!?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Welcome to Ce Black_Rose
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    English-Scared
    Welcome to Ce Black_Rose
    Thank you =)

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    hi...welcome to CE!!!...hope your black will radiate positivity
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    sauravgoswami
    hi...welcome to CE!!!...hope your black will radiate positivity
    Thank you! Aww it does I've been told =)

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    dont mind,but black is never taken in good sence,though its just a colour nothing pshycic about it!!!
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    sauravgoswami
    dont mind,but black is never taken in good sence,though its just a colour nothing pshycic about it!!!
    Well not to be all technical Black isn't actually a colour though some would argue otherwise. In any case, Black_Rose is merely a symbolism and not to be taken as two separate entities.

And who says black isn't taken in a good sense? The house of Allah is decorated in black πŸ˜›

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Warm welcome to Black Rose on CE

Enjoy your stay here.

Godfather
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    godfather
    Warm welcome to Black Rose on CE

Enjoy your stay here.

Godfather
    Equally warm thanks Godfather, I will do =)

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Sure dude,it depends,anyhow keep up the good work!!

Black_Rose
    Well not to be all technical Black isn't actually a colour though some would argue otherwise. In any case, Black_Rose is merely a symbolism and not to be taken as two separate entities.

And who says black isn't taken in a good sense? The house of Allah is decorated in black πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sauravgoswami
    Sure dude,it depends,anyhow keep up the good work!!
    Dudette. πŸ˜€
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    ok,will refrain from next time
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    The_Big_K
    Dudette. πŸ˜€
    Lol atleast someone noticed. There I was wondering.. πŸ˜’

Can anyone explain the mystery of why there is only 6 girls in my class (including me) and 60 odd guys?

*Sigh*
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    might be girls, are not good in disscussion,taking nothing away from girls!!!

Black_Rose
    Lol atleast someone noticed. There I was wondering.. πŸ˜’

Can anyone explain the mystery of why there is only 6 girls in my class (including me) and 60 odd guys?

*Sigh*
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    sauravgoswami
    might be girls, are not good in disscussion,taking nothing away from girls!!!
    I'll have you know, I could outwit, outdiscuss and outshine any man. Not taking anything away from any of the men πŸ˜›
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Or may be barring a few, most of the girls do not find engineering interesting. Taking nothing away from anyone.
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    raj87verma88
    Or may be barring a few, most of the girls do not find engineering interesting. Taking nothing away from anyone.
    I don't know why they wouldn't? I'm the happiest with this subject, but I guess to each to their own. I suppose you're right. In my opinion: Engineering rocks. 😁Simple.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Thats quite encouraging!!! but you are a exception,most girls dont prefer engineering

Black_Rose
    I don't know why they wouldn't? I'm the happiest with this subject, but I guess to each to their own. I suppose you're right. In my opinion: Engineering rocks. 😁Simple.
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    sauravgoswami
    Thats quite encouraging!!! but you are a exception,most girls dont prefer engineering

πŸ˜” You're right and knowing that you're right and that it's the truth is a sore point which I shall try and ignore, lol. I wish girls would go into a variety of fields instead of the same old same old. Though my tutor said that over the years the number of female to male ratio has increased, let's hope it keeps going that way (Even though it's rising VERY SLOWLY)
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well you should accept the truth,anyhow from ages females do not prefer engineering,though they are good in problem solving!!!

Black_Rose
    πŸ˜” You're right and knowing that you're right and that it's the truth is a sore point which I shall try and ignore, lol. I wish girls would go into a variety of fields instead of the same old same old. Though my tutor said that over the years the number of female to male ratio has increased, let's hope it keeps going that way (Even though it's rising VERY SLOWLY)
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    sauravgoswami
    well you should accept the truth,anyhow from ages females do not prefer engineering,though they are good in problem solving!!!
    I begrudgingly accept the truth. Happy now :!

Lol, we are not just good at problem solving, but also many other things. If I started listing it all I would never finish typing this post πŸ˜›
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well then start a different thred in chit-chat section were every member will take active participation!!! as this thread is intended for your introduction only!!!!

Black_Rose
    I begrudgingly accept the truth. Happy now :!

Lol, we are not just good at problem solving, but also many other things. If I started listing it all I would never finish typing this post πŸ˜›
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    ^^ But it's self titled? I can write what I like because it's all about me! Lol. I'll start a few threads but not yet. I want to contribute to other threads before adding some of my own.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Very well,new trend no one has done it earlier as nothing is seld declared nor here not in any forum as much as i know

Black_Rose
    ^^ But it's self titled? I can write what I like because it's all about me! Lol. I'll start a few threads but not yet. I want to contribute to other threads before adding some of my own.
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    sauravgoswami
    Very well,new trend no one has done it earlier as nothing is seld declared nor here not in any forum as much as i know
    Lol time to try out a new thing? Just because an issue has never arisen or been challenged shall we then my friend stick by conforming to all conventions, living our lives as robots? We are human, so let's experience something a little different😁 (End of lesson one.) Lol.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Very well,it not about trrying new things its all about forum aticates,watever you will always treated equal and will be rewarded as you deserve!!!

Black_Rose
    Lol time to try out a new thing? Just because an issue has never arisen or been challenged shall we then my friend stick by conforming to all conventions, living our lives as robots? We are human, so let's experience something a little different😁 (End of lesson one.) Lol.
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    sauravgoswami
    Very well,it not about trrying new things its all about forum aticates,watever you will always treated equal and will be rewarded as you deserve!!!

Am I to take it, you think I'm not following etiquette by replying to you on my introduction thread? I shall try to remember that in future, so when you write something, I should politely ignore you. Insha'Allah I hope you are rewarded as you deserve too.

Perhaps instead of telling me what to do, you should stick to telling yourself those things and abiding by the conventions which you've taken to be law. =)

All the best.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    You took me in wrong sence,anyway apolosize if i hurt your sentiments anyway,anyhow its new to forum culture definately will be accepted and appreciated,LOL!!!

Black_Rose
    Am I to take it, you think I'm not following etiquette by replying to you on my introduction thread? I shall try to remember that in future, so when you write something, I should politely ignore you. Insha'Allah I hope you are rewarded as you deserve too.

Perhaps instead of telling me what to do, you should stick to telling yourself those things and abiding by the conventions which you've taken to be law. =)

All the best.
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    sauravgoswami
    You took me in wrong sence,anyway apolosize if i hurt your sentiments anyway,anyhow its new to forum culture definately will be accepted and appreciated,LOL!!!
    You need not apologise. You said it how you saw it I much appreciate your honesty. If I mistook anything then please accept my apologies. You haven't hurt my sentiments or other. I'm unfazed.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Prolonging a discussion always leads to a bitter end. Sometimes someone misinterprets the other person or a person fails to convey his/her ideas in a proper way and the meaning comes out different. Whatever the case, it causes some strain.
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    raj87verma88
    Prolonging a discussion always leads to a bitter end. Sometimes someone misinterprets the other person or a person fails to convey his/her ideas in a proper way and the meaning comes out different. Whatever the case, it causes some strain.

Lol thank you for that succinct prognosis Dr. Raj (Patty). What would you advise that one does in future to avoid such occurrences?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    The advise is to end the discussion and especially debate as early as possible. Because then, people hold on to their views and neither budge nor are ready to accept other's point of view.
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    raj87verma88
    The advise is to end the discussion and especially debate as early as possible. Because then, people hold on to their views and neither budge nor are ready to accept other's point of view.

Dr. Raj can I ask you a question? What is the difference between a discussion and a debate? (If any)

Admittedly I am stubborn but I can accept another's point of view, as I believe everyone is entitled to have one.

I shall keep your advice in mind. Thank you πŸ˜›
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    A prolonged discussion can and will always lead to a debate. All debates are discussions but all discussions are not debates.
    Anyway, it is good if you can accept someone elses point of you. I guess I am prolonging the discussions here too. So I will stop here, before it becomes a debate.
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    raj87verma88
    A prolonged discussion can and will always lead to a debate. All debates are discussions but all discussions are not debates.
    Anyway, it is good if you can accept someone elses point of you. I guess I am prolonging the discussions here too. So I will stop here, before it becomes a debate.
    Ahh, thank you for the clarification. I note that you are a preacher who practices his preachings. I can tell we are going to get along very well.

😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Chill everyone!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Welcome to CE, Maya!

Haha, you are super addicted with posting on CE. Keep it up πŸ˜‰

Regarding girl's interests in engineering, theres a 1:1 ratio for my major (communications). In computer engineering, girls out number boys πŸ˜›

This site might interest you: STEM | United States | Nerd Girls
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    ash
    Welcome to CE, Maya!

Haha, you are super addicted with posting on CE. Keep it up πŸ˜‰

Regarding girl's interests in engineering, theres a 1:1 ratio for my major (communications). In computer engineering, girls out number boys πŸ˜›

This site might interest you: STEM | United States | Nerd Girls
    Firstly thank you for the welcome.

I'm not addicted to posting on CE (yet) lol, it's just the addiction of reading my own words. 😎

I can't believe the ratio in your classes. Life's majorly unfair? Lol you'll forgive me if I pass on Nerd Girls, sounds and looks a little too erm.. (can't think of any nice word to insert here)..

Lol, I'll stick to CE.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    How do you like the sound of 'Geek Girls'? By the way, have you heard of London Geek Girls Dinners?

Take a look: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, might sound weird.. but its apparently a reality show about engineering girls who try to build things. The pilot episode (yeah, I admit I watched it) shows their plans in making a solar panel car. You can say it's trying to champion the cause of women in technology fields.

It certainly blew the stereotype of pretty girls not being able to build something cool at least πŸ˜‰

...and I wouldn't say the ratio in my uni was unfair either.. *grin*
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    I don't know which worries me more, the fact that I don't know about the geekgirls/nerdgirls or the fact that you guys do. Lol.

Na, I'll pass on both, I'm content.

Lol Ash, I don't much care for reality shows, though that actually does sound interesting. Please tell me the girls are dressed modestly? It sounds like you know... 😎 girls dressed in as very little as possible whilst bending over a car bonnet? Not my idea of entertainment.. 😐

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ok, the image of skimpy dressed girls bending over a car bonnet actually disturbs me πŸ˜›

No worries, they are modestly dressed. I guess there IS a positive correlation between how well someone dresses and their intelligence πŸ˜‰
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Don't tell me Ash you try to follow all such shows. With so many Lady CEans in the house, I got to know of such shows from a guy.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Damn you, I had to log back in just to clear a growing misconception πŸ˜›

The fact is, I check out shows that involve some sort of engineering.. and basketball as well. I am totally unbiased, if they happen to contain a large percentage of females in them. Its about the uh.. creativity, folks! πŸ˜›

Regarding biggie.. I dunno. I can't speak for him πŸ˜‰
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    ash
    Ok, the image of skimpy dressed girls bending over a car bonnet actually disturbs me πŸ˜›

No worries, they are modestly dressed. I guess there IS a positive correlation between how well someone dresses and their intelligence πŸ˜‰

Lol I'm sure it's less disturbing to you than it is to me πŸ˜›

Okay cool, I'll check it out.
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    ash
    Damn you, I had to log back in just to clear a growing misconception πŸ˜›

The fact is, I check out shows that involve some sort of engineering.. and basketball as well. I am totally unbiased, if they happen to contain a large percentage of females in them. Its about the uh.. creativity, folks! πŸ˜›

Regarding biggie.. I dunno. I can't speak for him πŸ˜‰

Awww. Lol. Don't worry I'm just messing with you. It's ofcourse the creativity that counts (is that what we call creativity these days πŸ˜’) Hehe.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Creativity can be in any form,everything can be improved and made better by creativity.

@ash: As for british serials have you checked out IT crowd and Big-bang thoery it tells you everything!!!

Black_Rose
    (is that what we call creativity these days πŸ˜’) Hehe.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    @saurav
    I'll check them out!

@Black Rose
    Oh btw, which part of London are you located at, Maya? I used to live in Northwest London quite a long time ago.. but still remember a lot of details. Our family used to trip around UK a lot. The best place was Scotland!
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Welcome to CE

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

OK Guys, After finding lot of Java users here, I thought of starting this thread where questions on Java (from simple ones to higher ones ) will be asked, not...
Hello folks, I've been looking for some decent wheelchair lift sketches or planes for my project. Could anyone be kind enough to help me look for those? Me and my...
hay friends i have written this programme to print prime noumber but it did not give me desired result so can any one herlp me.πŸ˜• Private Sub Form_Load() 'this programm...
So I went autocrossing this weekend, first one of the season in the DC area. Got 11 runs in and was able to shave quite a bit of time off...
When we mesh in ansys sometimes it shows mesh in purpole color and sometimes it shows mesh in green color is there any difference in these cases!!!