BitTorrent's Project Maelstrom - The P2P Web Browser

BitTorrent has announced an invite only project to build the distributed web. What does that really mean? The details aren't out yet, but the overall plan seems to be targeted at building a web browser that works just the way BitTorrent does. That is, the web pages will be served not from the servers, but from your peers with small pieces of the files stored on their computers. Which means there won't be any spying agencies to keep check on your web activity.

Through their official blog announcement, the Project Maelstrom is looking for people to help them with testing their browser, currently in alpha phase of development. There's no preview of the browser available for us to actually see how the browser works. We urge all the supporters of net neutrality to take a step ahead and help Project Maelstrom become successful.

TechCrunch asked several questions to the BitTorrent team about making the project successful commercially. It's evident that BitTorrent isn't clear about the way they'll make money through their browser. It's "too early to tell", said BitTorrent's spokesperson when asked about monetizing the browser via online advertisements a la Firefox.

project-malestrom-bittorrent

The distributed web will not affect the way websites are created. The HTML will remain the same. Only the way HTML is served to the users will be different. Instead of serving the pages from a server or a cluster of server, these pages will be served from individual computers which will keep the files on their local storage - just the way P2P file sharing works.

If you wish to participate in the project Malestrom, head over to the source link below and hit the 'Sign-Up' button. Now that the PirateBay is dead, we look forward to the success of this new innovative project. We look forward to your comments and ideas below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    it is same as Tor Servers where server is anonymous,but P2P thing is different.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Every time you try to picture a European country in the autumn season images of yellow and orange coloured fallen leaves comes into mind. Those beautiful autumn leaves however pose...
After launching a tablet last month, iBall has now launched an entry-level smartphone Andi 4F Waves. The company has always been known for making affordable and low-cost handsets and on...
Hello everyone, i want to know the details of CEED exam. About best coaching institution for CEED exam? About elgibility(i completed my graduation in this 2014.)am i elgible to write...
How to calculate the testing voltage levels for 11KV, 33KV, 66KV, 110KV,132KV,220KV and 400 KV can anyone explain this with formula please.
can anyone explain and answer for this ??HIPOT testing calculation formula for cables and their IS standards and IEC standards