BitTorrent Live Broadcasts Video To Masses

If you regularly broadcast videos then you ought to know the latest BitTorrent Live, which has just entered public beta. BitTorrent has developed a P2P streaming protocol for the masses with an aim to reduce the infrastructure costs and network delays - which is a big hurdle in live broadcasting. The popular live streaming services like uStream, Livestream are now getting a worthy competitor with the P2P advantage. In simpler words, the service will let you broadcast any even live with your mobile phone, tablet or laptop computer. slide

Since it's a P2P protocol, the more people who join your live broadcast, the more stable and reliable it gets. BitTorrent has been testing this protocol in a closed beta with digital content creators and live event organisers since November last year. Creators say that they've demonstrated the ability to scale the service and its reliability through their limited closed beta.

There is no official word on when will the service exist its beta period and enter gold. But it should be ready for the masses in the coming weeks.

Replies

• Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Gets a like from me, because it's the funeral bells for YouTube and all other such monopolies. Organizations like MPAA are really gonna lay their hate down on this thing though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HCL Tech had recruited from campuses in 2011 and it looks like while we approach the end of first quarter of 2013, the candidates have not yet received their respective...
Today by chance I got to watch Star Vijay(A tamil Channel) and the program Super singer was running.! to my surprise I saw a young man much in resemblence to...
I completed my polytechnic diploma after 10th in 2010 and was hired by an MNC. But now I have problems changing my JOB as every organization asks for 15 years...
Hi, I am Rajnish Matta, a Certified Ethical hacker, working in a MNC. I completed my Polytechnic Diploma in 2010 and was able to Fetch a job immediately. So far...
If you are looking for an online text editor that eliminates all the distractions and lets you focus on the content, then try out Draft - probably one of the...