Bit Error Rate of Digital Modulation Techniques

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and this is my first post. It is an honor to meet all of you.

Currently i am working on a communication system design for a line of sight communication link. I need to find out the bit error rate of these following techniques: BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM and 32QAM.

My thoughts are that, to demonstrate the efficiency of the given techniques, I should be using graphs of BER vs Signal-to-Noise ratio and/or BER vs Eb/N0. My trouble is that, i was able to calculate BER using the set values of transmitted power, bandwidth and data rate. However, my supervisor advised that the calculated BER values are wrong and i should refer to the typical graphs of BER vs Eb/N0 in illustrated in books, such as the link stated below.

#-Link-Snipped-#
(view the ones in black headings)

Knowing the given concepts, the eb/n0 is found against using a typical value of 10^-7 BER value to demonstrate the effectiveness of a real-life receiver sensitivity threshold. However, given the set parameters, the eb/n0 for the different modulations is set to be lower and these values are perceived to be wrong by my supervisor.

In that case, what are the methods that i could do to demonstrate the effectiveness of my communication systems, and also to show that it meets the requirements of a minimum 10^-7 value with the set values of transmitted power, bandwidth, and data rates?

The given values are as follows:
1) Transmitted Power - 10 Watts
2) Bandwidth - 20 MHz
3) Data rate - 16Mbps
4) Frequency used - 800Hz, 900Hz, 1.24GHz, 1.8GHz, 2GHz, 2.1GHz, 2.4GHz, and 5GHz

Thank you so much everyone who had viewed this post. I greatly appreciate everyone whom is able to give me guidance on this matter. Thank you so much again

Regards,
Jay

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you haven't really been able to catch up to the frenzy of companies launching smartphones with USP as the selfie camera, here's a latest smartphone from Alcatel Mobiles to...
ICICI Bank will be the first bank in India to launch the NFC (Near Field Communication) based credit and debit cards in Indian markets. The NFC technology will make it...
Google survives on online advertisements and so do a number of publishers who rely on Google's Adsense program for revenues. However, not everyone likes advertisements and there seems to be...
Identify a problem existing around you that could have a technical solution. It could be in your computer, your room, your society, your village, your city, your school/college, your office...
CrazyEngineers Caption Contest is happening today. To participate and win you are required to give the best description for a certain image (that suits the situation or dialogue in it)....