Bing Vs. Google

CEans,

It's been quite some time since Microsoft launched its BING search engine to rival Google.

I personally like Bing and have already started using it for almost 30-40% of all my searches. Bing is no doubt 10 times better than live search and in few of the cases, even beats Google when displaying relevant results on top.

ComScore already shows that Bing has gotten over 14% of the search market in just few days (that's absolutely amazing!).

What is your opinion on Bing Vs. Google? Do you use Bing? Do you think Bing will be the world's most popular search engine?

Share your opinion!

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I am using Bing since last few days. i liked it, but still I feel that it has way to go.

Actually we are so habituate of using Google that it will definitely take a while for Bing to become more popular then Google. Personally, I will rate Bing just after Google (Bing seems a better option then all others).

-CB
  • ali_shakiba
    ali_shakiba
    Salam = Hi;
    I've used Bing too; to try it out. But in my opinion; I love google for its simplicity; rather than somehow modern looking Bing; as I love Linux instead of Windows; although working with both for my university projects;
    But the problem with Bing is that its "safe search" can be skipped as easy as possible; if this is the thing they want; it was better to implement the search in unsafe mode as default and then putting an option to do safe search! 😀

But the Bing needs more time and more effort from Microsoft to be comparable to Google.

Ali
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Surely, Bing is still a baby that's learning fast to catch-up with the big daddy. I believe it'll have about 40% market share in next 2 years.
  • thisisananth
    thisisananth
    I use bing for image searches as we need not click next to get the next results.. it is faster for some image searches..
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Yes For Image search bing is nice, otherwise google is best.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hmmm..Not bad. Cool in look and feel. Have capability of beating Google.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    ms_cs
    Yes For Image search bing is nice, otherwise google is best.
    Go to Images in Bing and Google both.

try searching QTP.

Bing -> On first page first two results are relevant; others not useful (Though others have name QTP in the images; but not of my use)

Google -> All correct on first page.

@ Biggi - I am curious to know more about semantic technology that Bing uses for search?

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We'll try to have Bing folks on our Small Talk for sure. I'm currently after the Google search folks for small talk 😉
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    I think Bing does really good job with image searches and it has cool looks.But Google is always a standard search engine and hope it will beat Google soon.
  • DAMAGER
    DAMAGER
    im using bing since last few days...
    but for me google is a good one...cuz its famous and quite user friendly...
    no doubt bing is very good and found it very fast....
    hope bing can compete google in future....

For now my vote goes to google 😉)
  • Red Hawk
    Red Hawk
    My vote goes to google.. Though bing has got a good look and its is excellent in image search, we are all used to google and i find that more relevant.. As biggie said, bing is just a baby and it needs to improve itself in various areas to compete Google.. No doubt new products are valued much in the market for some days but to make this value forever, they had to work more..
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    My new Project for CE
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • nk.krishnak
    nk.krishnak
    GOOGLE is great ,but in my point of view BING has lot of options in it like selecting the source,screen resolution ,etc.it will be a very good competitor for GOOGLE.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    My vote is for GOOGLE....but the BING is very nice for image search.................

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERET THINGS...THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY............
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    sahithi pallavi
    My vote is for GOOGLE....but the BING is very nice for image search.................

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERET THINGS...THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY............
    Yeah me too agree with you mate...
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    jhbalaji
    My new Project for CE
    #-Link-Snipped-#

How to send comments to Admin in bingle site???? There is no link to send the same.

Clicking on HOME after any search is leading towards directory structure (doesn't look good.)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Most of you have had a job offer when you graduated. Or those who are studying, will have multiple rounds of campus interviews. Working for a startup or MNC has...
Do we have anyone who can write articles on finance, banking,etc.?
I wish to know how many of our CEans who are working for companies are allowed to work part time? That is, are you allowed to work for a startup...
Alrighty - I'm a big fan of video games. I was first introduced to video games when I was about 10 😲 . I remember spending hours playing Mario &...
CEans, Please post your favorite engineering websites/blogs in this thread. The website should provide technical information relevant to engineers. Get started