Binding Interactions in the Bacterial Chemotaxis Signal Transduction Pathway - Biotech Research

Here's a research paper project for BioTech Students -

The investigation of signal transduction pathways is critical to the basic understanding of cellular processes as these pathways function to regulate diverse processes in both eukaryotes and prokaryotes. This dissertation focuses on understanding some of the biochemical events that take place in the chemotaxis signal transduction pathway of bacteria. In this system, cell-surface receptor proteins regulate a histidine protein kinase, CheA, that autophosphorylates and then transfers its phosphate to an effector protein, CheY. Phospho-CheY, in turn, influences the direction of flagellar rotation. This sequence of biochemical events establishes a chain of communication that ultimately allows the chemotaxis receptor proteins to regulate the swimming pattern of the bacterial cell when it encounters gradients of attractant and repellent chemicals in its environment. The three projects presented in this dissertation sought to fill basic gaps in our current understanding of CheA and CheY function.

Read the full abstract here - Binding Interactions in the Bacterial Chemotaxis Signal Transduction Pathway

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

if any of you have any problem regarding job....or unplaced freshers looking for job please do contact me may be i may help you out somewhere
Hey there brilliant Engineers or soon to be engineers out there. I would like to ask whether is it possible to interface speech recognition technique to control a robot via...
Here is a collection of project ideas for Cryptography related mini project ideas for computer science or IT students. 1. Command line interface for crypto functionality 2. Action history view...
This is video I stumbled upon today which clears the various misconceptions related with Gorilla Glass, or better, scratch resistant glass. Along with the strengths and weaknesses of this product,...
If you go back in time, you will find that our system didn't need the young ones to take career decisions. For example, a cobbler's son becomes a cobbler. A...