Big problem

I have sort of memory loss problem because of reasons would not like to go in that.
I don't remember anything about my earlier days say junior college days
or say last trip out with my family
And this has been affecting me majorly cause what others can study in 4 hours. i need 6-8 hours to cover the same.
and keep forgetting the things i did
and need atleast of 3-4 times of revision to be confident of good position in exam
should i like mention this in interview?
cause as i said it has been affecting me majorly
And have been working harder then my results show
But this whole idea is like a double edged sword to me.
I don't think i will get better platform than this to clear my doubt.
Thanks,

Replies

• gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    You must be mugging up your subjects and thats a very bad practice.

Take interest in your studies. Don't mug up, try to learn or understand something from what you study.

Remember, if you study while taking interest in your subjects, you will not forget it for a long time.

PS: I guess this thread should be in 'General Help' section.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I believe you are the best judge. Do you think the problem you are facing will affect your job negatively? That is if you have problem remembering events in the past [which happened years ago] and have no problem in remembering things you've learned since last few years; I don't think your job will be affected.

However, if you have difficulties in remembering things you've learned recently; I'd advise talking to your doctor and check how this will affect your job. Until then, you need not disclose anything in job interview.
  • rajivtiwari
    rajivtiwari
    y@ gaurav

I knew someone or the other will be coming with a reply like that.
    I didn't wish to go in deep but...
    I have gone through 6 operations with the first one being when i was 6 months old.
    And last one when i was in some 7-8 grade
    I believe its something with that operations (though am not very sure).
    may be the doses of anaesthesia that i have been given each time have done its damage
    i have never been to doctor regarding this problem.
    And its not about mugging subjects.
    o'course i cant put evertyhing in here..there are so many examples from day-to-day life..
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    rajivtiwari
    y@ gaurav

I knew someone or the other will be coming with a reply like that.
    I didn't wish to go in deep but...
    I have gone through 6 operations with the first one being when i was 6 months old.
    And last one when i was in some 7-8 grade
    I believe its something with that operations (though am not very sure).
    may be the doses of anaesthesia that i have been given each time have done its damage
    i have never been to doctor regarding this problem.
    And its not about mugging subjects.
    o'course i cant put evertyhing in here..there are so many examples from day-to-day life..
    You said that you've never been to a doctor.

Buddy, go to a good psychologist and explain him your problem in detail.
    Also tell your parents about this. Only a doctor can cure your problem.
    And don't be nervous.
  • rajivtiwari
    rajivtiwari
    And it won't be affecting my job.
    as i have developed techniques to tackle the problem
    everyday i set few goals or aims,
    and then try and recollect them whenever i get time
    so that i can see if i am goin' on track and not forgetting things..
    The only thing is i am suffering badly in exams because of this..and it has been affecting my marks..and i learned about tackling this much later..and losing 5-10% each time..
  • rajivtiwari
    rajivtiwari
    @ gaurav

yea i guess that is the only solution i have.
    After 6 opern's kind of started hating doctor's and hospitals..
    and that's why i am avoiding the visit..
    I even have 1 opern' postponed.
    which i am not willing to go (even though my parents want me to)..coz i feel had enough already
    any ways..that is not the topic
    ๐Ÿ˜› sorry for getting out of track
    Everyone my parents, my friends,classmates know about it..
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    You've developed techniques to tackle your problem, thats very good. But do see a doctor.
  • Vega
    Vega
    I would say don't tell about your said thing in interviews unless asked. But if asked, don't hide it. Hiding the thing purposefully and forcefully might affect adversely. Hiding this thing forcefully will leave a feeling of fear, guilt, nervouness in your mind which you don't deserve. ALso you must not carry any inferiority complex about it.

Accept it, try to adopt memory improvement techniques (which you have been doing) and live a happy life. Best. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • rajivtiwari
    rajivtiwari
    Vega
    ALso you must not carry any inferiority complex about it.
    No, Inferiority complex.
    infact it pushes me to put in more efforts
    i give my best everytime and feel happy about it:smile:
    Thanks everyone
    This will surely help
  • Vega
    Vega
    rajivtiwari
    No, Inferiority complex.
    infact it pushes me to put in more efforts
    i give my best everytime and feel happy about it:smile:
    Thanks everyone
    This will surely help
    That's the spirit. Keep it up. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Rajiv,
    You need to do a Ghajini ๐Ÿ˜€. In an interview you need to tell your interviewers how you conquered short term memory loss to achieve your goals. How have you adapted yourself around this problem.

Do not bring this up willingly, but if the interviewer asks you about the problem, do not hesitate in giving the answer. It is a grave problem and you seem to have handled it well.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I would say practice putting everything in excel or word doc. all the salient points learnt at work!!

Such that even if you forget it refer to it!

Yeah as Kida said you can say your problem in a positive way , i mean you should explain how you over came difficulties from childhood with confidence!

I say just dont care , you will succeed.
  • rajivtiwari
    rajivtiwari
    kidakaka
    Rajiv,
    You need to do a Ghajini ๐Ÿ˜€.
    Least, don't call by that name..Already i am nick named ghajini in college
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hey Rajiv,
    Apologies if it sounded insensitive or derogatory.

I just meant to say that organize your life in a better way to overcome your memory loss problem. The way they have shown in the movie was extreme, but there are definite takeaways there.
  • rajivtiwari
    rajivtiwari
    ahh..it was supposed to be a joke.
    ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello engineers. This is moonfalsh doing my 2nd year IT. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Hi Could anyone have idea on Job opening in Google for Business intelligence? Also please let me know how to apply for jobs in Google India. Thanks BI_GUY
RUNit File Size: 39 RUNit provides fast access to your most-used programs, via a menu you call up by right-clicking on the edge of your screen. This tiny program doesn't...
***** ๐Ÿ˜ HapPy Birthday Gohm ๐Ÿ˜ ***** Party Time, People! ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ :myparty: :myparty: :myparty:
After the Chinese attack on Google's network, which roots to few fundamental security holes in Microsoft's Internet Explorer web browser, Germany's Federal Office has advice citizens to avoid IE 6,...