Big Opportunity For All CEans: Ask Questions To Mr. Moshe Kam -President & CEO, IEEE

Here's a once in a lifetime opportunity for all CEans. We are featuring Mr. Moshe Kam, IEEE President and CEO in our #-Link-Snipped-# section.

You can ask questions to him by replying in this thread. We will collect the top 10 questions and include it in our Small Talk questionnaire.

A short biography of Mr. Moshe Kam:

At-the-Drexel-Quad

Moshe Kam (Ph.D., P.E.) is the Department Head and Robert Quinn Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Drexel University. He also serves as Director of the Drexel University National Security Agency (NSA) Center for Excellence in Information Assurance Education, and as Director of the Data Fusion Laboratory.

Kam's professional interests are in wireless communications, robotics and navigation, detection and estimation, engineering education, and pattern recognition. He served as Principal Investigator on projects funded by the US National Science Foundation (NSF), DARPA, ONR, NSWC, The US Army-CERDEC, The US Army-TSWG, Lockheed Martin, GlaxoSmithKline, and the National Institute of Justice (NIJ).

Educated in Tel Aviv (B.Sc. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering 1977) and Drexel University (M.S. 1985, Ph.D. 1987), Kam is a Fellow of IEEE "for contributions to the theory of decision fusion and distributed detection" (2001). He is also a recipient of an IEEE Third Millennium Medal. He received a National Science Foundation Presidential Young Investigator Award (1990) and is a Licensed Professional Engineer registered in the State of Pennsylvania.

Kam's main extracurricular activity is as a Second Bass singer. He used to sing (1992-1999) with the #-Link-Snipped-#. Since 1999 he has been with the #-Link-Snipped-#.

Bring as many good questions as you can.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Re: Big Opportunity For All CEans: Ask Questions To Mr. Moshe Kam -President & CEO, I

No questions yet?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Re: Big Opportunity For All CEans: Ask Questions To Mr. Moshe Kam -President & CEO, I

Oki... Lemme ask these...
    1. Why is the membership of IEEE restricted to institutions and industries and not to students? I am asking this way, like, as an individual student, the price of getting membership is too costly for them. Another thing is, in our institutes, we have activities like I have been IEEE Chairperson of my class. So, is it possible to get opportunities like having a trial period access for IEEExplore and similar services?
    2. You have got a great interest in singing and you are also a great engineer. What it made you to choose the engineering than to be a singer?
    3. What do you think about AI in Robotics? Will it dominate the world or make useful stuff?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE

I do not know much about electronics, but I found something interesting in the above description by AKD.

How is it that Mr. Moshe Kam is intersted in singing but he is still a great engineer? In other words, repeat the Q.2 of Praveen. 😀
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE

One more, what does he think about Robots with emotions? I want his personal opinion. I have heard that Scientists in UK have achieved a success in it to some extent. What is his opinion, given that he has an interest in Robotics?

Will emotional robotics ever be possible? Will it have social impact in his opinion?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya

1) How you inspired to join IEEE?
    2) What you see as a Future of Electrical and Electronics?
  • durga ch
    durga ch

1.what is the process involved in standarisations of RFCs?
    2. Companies meet demand and have their own research work and patents and standards worked upon faster , whilst IEEE tends to set common standards which takes much time . Is there any way how both can be brought in coherence with each other?

When will the questions be finalised? Any questions from AKD and Biggie???
  • computeridiot007
    computeridiot007

How many IEEE projects has been implemented in realtime so far?
    What are the future advancements to be made?
    What is the best IEEE project that has been recognized has a high realtime application so far?

Virtual Helper
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

Are we getting any more inputs from CEans? If not, we will close this thread tonight.

Lets wait... Coz many CEans who are active haven't asked yet... 😔
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh

IEEE community ,how defines the standards for the Networking and Telecommunication? and how it globlizes if new standard is going to be create?
    like we have some standard for the Ethernet and wireless networking standard..
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

Stay Tuned for the interview. It will go live tonight at 12 am on #-Link-Snipped-#. Cheers! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you see a + sign in front of the name of a any member name onling on the CE forum, it means, that CEan is in your friend list....
I have the following thermal/fluids problem for class, and I am stumped. I thought maybe I could use Bernoulli's, but I am not sure if I can assume it's incompressible....
We’re all aware that Linux system files can’t be viewed through Windows. But with the current distro’s of Linux now, you have the ability to view and navigate all the...
A bear walks south for one kilometer, then it walks west for one kilometer, then it walks north for one kilometer and ends up at the same point from which...
The Intel AppUpSM Application Lab: MeeGo series is coming to Chennai! Learn about exciting developments with MeeGo and the Intel AppUpSM developer program, focused on showing application developers how to...