Bicycle powered cell phone charger

I've chosen the topic 'Bicycle powered cell phone charger' as my final year engineering project. Can someone suggest few ideas on how to go about this project?

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    The concept is quite simple

An alternator or a dynamo, can be attaches to the wheels which in turn would, produce electrical energy. The gear train can be designed so that the speed of the alternator shaft is maximum.

now as for the type of alternator, you can use either an A.C type, since that is the input the conventional cell-phone chargers require.

else if you are planning to use a d.c type of alternator, then you would have to use an oscillator circuit to convert d.c to a.c.

another thing which you can do when using d.c alternators, is to modify the charger to directly receive d.c current. this can be done by removing the rectifier-unit present in the charger.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We don't know what help he needs. No point in posting random answers, I guess. 😨
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Kedar Malwadkar
    need some help about this topic for project
    First tell us what research have you done and ask specific questions related to the project.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey Friends.. Okay so here is the thing.. I am a Computer Engineering student from Gujarat. currently waiting for the 6th semester result. By God's grace i have managed to...
hey guys im doing my final year project..i thinking of developing password manager.. what are the things can be enhanced from current password manager????any suggestion???
This project is aimed to help the patients seeking for fresh blood at a particular location. Abstract: The clients in the project are not interested in blood stocking instead, we...
I am ketki. i am a student of 'electronics and telecommunication' trade. I belong to a town, khamgaon. I strongly believe in the rightly said statement 'Engineers are creators!' I...
The idea is to view the entire functionality's as an administrator point of view and be able to monitor all the employees and there by take proper decisions that stand...