Best websites for engineering students in India

A lot of people google 'which sites to join' when they are new to the Internet and a lot many of these people are engineering students in India who want to make the most of their time, learn and grow, instead of whiling their time away clicking the 'LIKE' button on Facebook or Twitter.

As a moderator of CrazyEngineers Forum for the past many years, I have seen engineering students log-in to our site and feeling enriched. A lot of engineering students browse CrazyEngineers on a daily basis and even if they won't contribute (sometimes because of low-confidence about their English skills and sometimes because they are just too lazy to log-in and type), they do READ a LOT! ๐Ÿ˜€ And that's just what makes me feel great about this community. Everything we type here is being ready by thousands daily and everyone has something to takeaway from here.

So far, CrazyEngineers has grown solely from word of mouth to more than 1,75,000+ members.
I await the day when the first thing an engineering student after joining college is create an account on CrazyEngineers.

There are a lot of amazing, informative websites out there that are great for engineering students. Appealing all of you to share which site apart from CE do you find really useful as an engineering student.

Do mention the reason why the website is useful for engineering students. ๐Ÿ‘

PS: Links without accompanying proper reason mentioned will be deleted to keep this discussion spam-free.

Replies

• Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Some from my bookmark lists are
    1. "Online Tutorials Library" (Online tutorials for almost all the technologies, Scripts, Web developments n all)

2. "Vocabulary.com - Learn Words - English Dictionary" ( To upgrade English Word Power)

3. "#-Link-Snipped-#" (It Keeps me Updated about all the things currently happening around the world)

4."#-Link-Snipped-#" (It provides definitions to words, phrases and abbreviations related to computing and information technology)

5."#-Link-Snipped-#" (It Provides Internship Opportunities)

6."Aptitude Questions and Answers - IndiaBIX" ( MCQ's For Engineering, Aptitude, Reasoning, Gk , Puzzles n all)

7. "#-Link-Snipped-#" , "NPTEL IITm"(Audio Video Lectures from IIT's)
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thank you Vikram. That was really useful.

I think another important site to join is Quora.

Not only for the information you get there, but also to understand how answers are written. I love how dedicated Quora users take time out to post detailed replies on questions asked by strangers. Be it on the topic of life or technical help or just a fan-club post.

The discipline of writing in clearly understandable sentences that can help you convey your thoughts properly can be learnt from following. popular Quora users.

Waiting for more replies here.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    So far, CrazyEngineers has grown solely from word of mouth to more than 1,75,000+ members.
    We are now at 2 Lakh+ members and are branching out in various different sectors by offering tons of useful services exclusively for engineers.

I think this thread can be updated with more websites, so that it turns into a go-to repository for engineering students.

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Any suggestions, folks?
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    One indispensable source I would like to add to the list is :
    Khan Academy | Free Online Courses, Lessons & Practice
  • ANAND NAGADA
    ANAND NAGADA
    Ankita Katdare
    A lot of people google 'which sites to join' when they are new to the Internet and a lot many of these people are engineering students in India who want to make the most of their time, learn and grow, instead of whiling their time away clicking the 'LIKE' button on Facebook or Twitter.

As a moderator of CrazyEngineers Forum for the past many years, I have seen engineering students log-in to our site and feeling enriched. A lot of engineering students browse CrazyEngineers on a daily basis and even if they won't contribute (sometimes because of low-confidence about their English skills and sometimes because they are just too lazy to log-in and type), they do READ a LOT! ๐Ÿ˜€ And that's just what makes me feel great about this community. Everything we type here is being ready by thousands daily and everyone has something to takeaway from here.

I await the day when the first thing an engineering student after joining college is create an account on CrazyEngineers.

There are a lot of amazing, informative websites out there that are great for engineering students. Appealing all of you to share which site apart from CE do you find really useful as an engineering student.

Do mention the reason why the website is useful for engineering students. ๐Ÿ‘

PS: Links without accompanying proper reason mentioned will be deleted to keep this discussion spam-free.
    Hello Ankita,

thanks for posting this info.. below are some sites i found out useful:-

1. Electronicsforyou (electronicsforu.com):- This site very useful for engineers who are passionate about Electronics and telecommunication field. Here you can get info related to all your doubts in electronics and telecomm. you can find project information, guidance from experts, download stuffs, videos...

2. Techgig (techgig.com):- here, you can get all the techie news, various test to test your technical skills, Q& A section, technical webinars & Many more.. It helps me a lot to upgrade my technical side...
  • Priya Kale
    Priya Kale
    Vikram S Bargah
    Some from my bookmark lists are
    1. "Online Tutorials Library" (Online tutorials for almost all the technologies, Scripts, Web developments n all)

2. "Vocabulary.com - Learn Words - English Dictionary" ( To upgrade English Word Power)

3. "#-Link-Snipped-#" (It Keeps me Updated about all the things currently happening around the world)

4."#-Link-Snipped-#" (It provides definitions to words, phrases and abbreviations related to computing and information technology)

5."#-Link-Snipped-#" (It Provides Internship Opportunities)

6."Aptitude Questions and Answers - IndiaBIX" ( MCQ's For Engineering, Aptitude, Reasoning, Gk , Puzzles n all)

7. "#-Link-Snipped-#" , "NPTEL IITm"(Audio Video Lectures from IIT's)
    These are the best Websites for Engineers. Thanks for sharing this site!
  • Mahendra Varman
    Mahendra Varman

www.BrainKart.com is best site for engineering. Basic Engineering tutorial, Advance deep tutorial and reference, Objective type, Problem solving, Solution etc., It covers all department including Electrical, electronics, Civil, Computer, IT, Mechanical, biotech, etc

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just noticed that CrazyEngineers has now 1 Lakh 75 Thousand registered members. ๐Ÿ˜€ Just another milestone. Let's all hope to grow by thousands in the coming year. ๐Ÿ‘ CHEERS to...
Hi Engineers, I'm working in an IT company with nearly 2years experience. I completed UG in Electrical engineering, since I got only 25marks in GATE in my first attempt in...
At first glance, iBall's new smartphone mSLR cobalt 4 looks like just another Android smartphone, but the shutterbugs among us have a reason to look again. The new iBall phone...
Hello mam... I am a third year student and i am doing an individual project of three wheeler, My project mainly based on a used three wheeler which has two...
This discussion was overdue here. Most entrepreneurs-in-the-making prepare themselves for the world of startup by reading success stories of other entrepreneurs. If you only read about the big success stories,...