Best PHP Editor & Why?

I have used notepad, notepad++ and dreamweaver at different times, but I think Engineers who regularly write PHP Code use different and better editors.

Which one is the best and why?

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Eclipse is the best, it has all the functionality that you expect in an ideal IDE
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    I haven't yet used an IDE for PHP editing, but Notepad++ works awesomely for me in all web related development.

How much an IDE would be advantageous over proper use of Notepad++, you have to see for yourself!

In Npp, you have the simplicity and better intimacy with your code πŸ˜€
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    yeah , but for large project consisting of over 50000 files then you have to use IDE , otherwise I too prefer NPP
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    I have used both Notepad++ and Eclipse for php. I guess Notepad++ is good enough for our work.
  • Sagar Sutariya
    Sagar Sutariya
    I am mostly use Dreamweaver and according to me it's best one
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I would personally recommend two:
    1. Microsoft Expression Web for its good support for syntax highlighting and code completion.
    2. Netbeans for syntax highlighting and code completion, and also hot-linking the calls to the declaration / definition.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I use Dreamweaver and its working quite good for me.
    Pensu
    I use Dreamweaver and its working quite good for me.
    For PHP?
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Praveen-Kumar
    For PHP?
    Yup, for PHP.
    Pensu
    Yup, for PHP.
    Heard it has the least support. That's why was curious to know... πŸ˜€ Which version, by the way?
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Its CS4, may be i am not using it to that extent.....πŸ˜€
    Pensu
    Its CS4, may be i am not using it to that extent.....πŸ˜€
    That's okay... You know what? Netbeans IDE 7.0.1 has code lookup and more features... It is awesome, you should try! πŸ˜€
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Praveen-Kumar
    That's okay... You know what? Netbeans IDE 7.0.1 has code lookup and more features... It is awesome, you should try! πŸ˜€
    Hmmmm.....will try for sure....πŸ˜€
  • Abhishek Swain
    Abhishek Swain
    AbraKaDabra
    I have used notepad, notepad++ and dreamweaver at different times, but I think Engineers who regularly write PHP Code use different and better editors.

Which one is the best and why?
    Friends, every software brand is well aware of the product which it designs. However it the person who codes and is comfortable with the particular tool.
    At initial stages, using Dreamweaver would be a difficult task, but later on it produces very productive results.
    For best performance and ease of use, use Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.
    I would doubt for the performance in CS5, if you don't have at least i3! πŸ˜”
    I doubt the performance part about Adobe Dreamweaver CS5, if you don't have at least i3 Processor! πŸ˜”
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    For a light weight app jEdit is a notable😨 one, but it needs the love of JavaπŸ‘Ž to run. PhpStorm and NetBeans were also good to go with IDE'sπŸ‘ , I think so.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For basic PHP stuff, notepad and notepad++ work the best.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

You have to be there at least 1 hour before the exam. The security is too tight, you are not even allowed to carry your handkerchief with you. After the...
The 6th Question of the CE Grand Quiz Contest is as follows - Name all the personalities in this image & write a line about each of them describing why...
I wanted to make a wind turbine at home.So if anyone can help me can i use motor as turbine...........
i want to learn c lagauge from basics..how to get the video tutorial of c language by yashwanth kanitkar? ..i don't have a credit card.. please give information how to...
hmm, there are many you tube channels on similar lines, but Khan academy seems to be little different they seem to be posting free lectures on almost all topics (umm,...