Best of Performance - Pune University

Hi,
I am a final year student of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Pune [2003 syllabus]
I just received my results.
Of the 10 theory papers, I have cleared 9 of them & all the other practicals & orals
I haven't cleared my paper in Mechatronics. I scored 18 out of 100. Passing is 40
However, last semester I had appeared for the same paper & scored 34 out of 100.

Does anybody here have any experience with the 'Best of Performance' rule?
Am I eligible to apply for it? If I apply for it, will my marks be converted to 40?

Please guide.
Thank you

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - Welcome to CrazyEngineers. If the passing is 40 and you've scored lesser than the threshold, how does the criteria matter? I think you will still have to appear for the next exam. I doubt they'll convert your marks to 40. Someone from Pune University may have a better knowledge about the rule.
  • Aniket Sawant
    Aniket Sawant
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - Welcome to CrazyEngineers. If the passing is 40 and you've scored lesser than the threshold, how does the criteria matter? I think you will still have to appear for the next exam. I doubt they'll convert your marks to 40. Someone from Pune University may have a better knowledge about the rule.
    Hi,
    I too was/am under the same impression.
    However, some folks pointed out this provision to me. Only once in the the Engineering lifetime can one invoke this clause it appears, and that too for no mroe than 1 subject
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    also point number 3 in the page below [here they talk about marks of the previous semester exam]
    #-Link-Snipped-#

The wording is so twisted, finding it difficult to make much sense
  • Aniket Sawant
    Aniket Sawant
    BUMP
    Went to the University today. People there said I'm eligible for the benefit under the Best of Performance rule. No need to fill the Exam form for this sem.

Would welcome all inputs & suggestions.
  • Aniket Sawant
    Aniket Sawant
    Sorry for updating so late. The University has awarded me my Graduation Certificate, after I applied to invoke the Best of Performance [BOP] ordinance

My score in Mechatronics in the previous Semester exam [Nov 2012] = 34
    #-Link-Snipped-#

My Mechatronics marks in the latest Semester exam [May 2013] = 18
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Since I had cleared all the other papers normally & needed just 6 marks in the Nov 2012 paper to clear the Mechatronics paper, i.e. less than 10 marks, I could apply for getting those marks transferred into the latest exam marksheet & Graduate via the BOP rule
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Although the marksheet specifies you've invoked the BOP clause, the provisional Certificate they issued me does not mention it

If you feel appearing for 1 paper all over again is just not worth it, you can always consider this route

Secured a job as a Grad Trainee Engg. Will join work in Dec on the shop floor.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Congratulations @#-Link-Snipped-# ! I'm quite sure that the information you've provided will be useful to everyone who's looking for it.

We hope to see you active on CE.
  • Aditya Nalawade
    Aditya Nalawade
    Hi,
    I am a final year student of B.E. Mechanical, Pune Univeristy.
    I am in a similar situation as that of Aniket.

I got 21 marks in a subject in the NOV 2013 examination.
    I got 28 marks in a subject in the MAY 2013 examination.

Will I be able to opt for the 'Best Of Performance' (BOP) route ?
    The concerned subject ( Turbo Machinaries ) is a T.E. subject. All other subjects (theory as well oral/practical) are clear for the T.E.

Please guide.
    Thanks
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let's tag @#-Link-Snipped-# to help you out, @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Aniket Sawant
    Aniket Sawant
    Aditya Nalawade
    Hi,
    I am a final year student of B.E. Mechanical, Pune Univeristy.
    I am in a similar situation as that of Aniket.

I got 21 marks in a subject in the NOV 2013 examination.
    I got 28 marks in a subject in the MAY 2013 examination.

Will I be able to opt for the 'Best Of Performance' (BOP) route ?
    The concerned subject ( Turbo Machinaries ) is a T.E. subject. All other subjects (theory as well oral/practical) are clear for the T.E.

Please guide.
    Thanks
    to the best of my knowledge, BOP can be invoked if you fall short by 10 or less marks.
    In your case, it appears, you fell short by 12 marks.
    It would be desirable if you personally visit the Engg Section of the Exam Dept. at UoP & seek clarification on this matter. 2 people there with whom I extensively interacted on this matter were one Mr. Madne & the other Mr. Lokhande

Hope it helps. All the best.
  • amar bhupali
    amar bhupali
    are there any specif number of attemps required to apply for the bop rule ..?
  • shreejith
    shreejith
    pls help me im also in the same trouble...
    Iam from BE electronic (2008) batch PU..
    cleard 9 subject and one subject was at 35 and in secound attempt i got 28... can i apply for B.O.P??
  • Anand23
    Anand23
    Hi
    I am final year student of electronics & telecommunications recently I come with SE result out of 10 I cleared 9 sub and one subject is back I.e solid state devices and circuits this sub I had attempted 8 times. At second attempt I got 31out of 40.and last attempt I scored 20 out of 40.
    So...am I eligible for best of performance.
    Please guide me.
    Thank you.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Could you help out our fellow engineers from University Of Pune? 😀
  • Nishanth Nair
    Nishanth Nair
    #-Link-Snipped-#, Yes, u can apply for it.
    #-Link-Snipped-# Nalavafe, am sorry to say that u need min 30 marks to apply for BOP.
    #-Link-Snipped-#, difficult case, as far as i know, the last three attempts should contain min 30 marks to apply.
    #-Link-Snipped-# according to the recent rule, min 2 attempt is necessary to apply BOP.
  • Shubham Todkar
    Shubham Todkar
    Sir\ma'am, I am a TE Student,I have four backlogs right now in my 5th semester and plus5 regular papers. I also have one Second year STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS-1 paper in my second attempt,I got $ in that semester (FLUID MECHANICS-1) and SA-1 back too. What does that means?
    Will I get condolence for that one semester if I scored over 30? Or apply best of performance? Reply must,too scared!
  • Shubham Todkar
    Shubham Todkar
    Sir\ma'am, I am a TE Student,I have four backlogs right now in my 5th semester and plus5 regular papers. I also have one Second year STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS-1 paper in my second attempt,I got $ in that semester (FLUID MECHANICS-1) and SA-1 back too. What does that means?
    Will I get condolence for that one semester if I scored over 30? Or apply best of performance? Reply must,too scared!
  • Shubham Todkar
    Shubham Todkar
    Pl
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let's tag @#-Link-Snipped-# to help you out, @#-Link-Snipped-#[/QUOTEPlease sir give me some suggestions.
  • Shubham Todkar
    Shubham Todkar
    Shubhoooooooo
    Pl
    Please reply to to me sir.
  • samarth pimpale
    samarth pimpale
    I am a student of UOP(2008) pattern . it took me 4 years to complete my first year. And again i am year down. I have heard that we have to complete engineering in 7 years only. Is it true?
  • Saurabh11
    Saurabh11
    Bro...u
    Aniket Sawant
    Hi,
    I am a final year student of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Pune [2003 syllabus]
    I just received my results.
    Of the 10 theory papers, I have cleared 9 of them & all the other practicals & orals
    I haven't cleared my paper in Mechatronics. I scored 18 out of 100. Passing is 40
    However, last semester I had appeared for the same paper & scored 34 out of 100.

Does anybody here have any experience with the 'Best of Performance' rule?
    Am I eligible to apply for it? If I apply for it, will my marks be converted to 40?

Please guide.
    Thank you
  • Saurabh Dindokar
    Saurabh Dindokar
    Hi aniket....IM 2nd yr student.....i goil 33/100 but i need 40 marks for passing...Is BOP procedure can pass me....plz rply me soon
  • Saurabh Dindokar
    Saurabh Dindokar
    Hi sir......Im 2nd year student from SKNSITS,lonavala.....nd i got 33/100 in my critical sub...nd I want 40 for passing.....Is BOP procedure is useful for me for passing...plz ans me soon....
  • Kshitij1012
    Kshitij1012
    Hey! I am SE student I have cleared all my subjects but I have a back log of one critical subject I got 29 marks in my previous attempt and and 28 in 2nd attempt!
    Will I get the benefit of best of performance??
    Please let me know ASAP
  • pratik sahastrabuddhe
    pratik sahastrabuddhe
    Hello guys.. Does the best of performance rule of pune unversity have any criteria?
    Bcoz my aggregate of s.e is 47%?
    Is there some kind of rule like minimum 50% or anything.. The university site isnt helping..
  • Harshad Gujar
    Harshad Gujar
    you must require at least 15 marks in online and 15 marks in theory to get benefit of the Best of Performance rule, this rule is only for SE2014 Students
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# this might help you
  • akshay9522
    akshay9522
    hey.. I m BE comp student... I had one critical subject of TE.. yesterday's TE results showing my number in Fail ATKT ... In same subject last sem I had 31 marks.. M I eligible for Best of performance? Plz reply soon..
  • akshay9522
    akshay9522
    Hi.. I m BE computer student of uni pune. I had one critical subject of TE. yesterday's TE result is showing my number under Fail Atkt section. In previous attempt of same subject I had 31 marks out of 100. Subject is 'Embedded Operating system' M i eligible for Best of Performance?
    Plz help me out.
  • tushar bafna
    tushar bafna
    is best of performance rule applicable for 2012 pattern students?????
  • tushar bafna
    tushar bafna
    is best of performance rule applicable for 2012 pattern students?????
  • Anonymous7
    Anonymous7
    Hello Sir,
    I am a final year E&tc engineering student from pune university year(2016) 2012 pattern, My B.E result is First class and all subjects are cleared. But I have a backlog in T.E, a single subject in which I have 31 mark(10 out of 30 and 21 in 70). The BOP rule says I need to have at least 28 out of 70(which when scored there would be literally no need for BOP to like 90% of students). Is there anything that can help me now?? I am in grave need of help. Thank You
  • Kishore Shedge
    Kishore Shedge
    Does anyone knows the criteria for BOP in B.E. 2012 pattern.. i have cleared all other subjects, have 13 in insem and 20 in endsem, which makes 33. Can i opt for it?
  • Kishore Shedge
    Kishore Shedge
    Does anyone knows the criteria for BOP in B.E. 2012 pattern.. i have cleared all other subjects, have 13 in insem and 20 in endsem, which makes 33. Can i opt for it?
  • Kishore Shedge
    Kishore Shedge
    Anonymous7
    Hello Sir,
    I am a final year E&tc engineering student from pune university year(2016) 2012 pattern, My B.E result is First class and all subjects are cleared. But I have a backlog in T.E, a single subject in which I have 31 mark(10 out of 30 and 21 in 70). The BOP rule says I need to have at least 28 out of 70(which when scored there would be literally no need for BOP to like 90% of students). Is there anything that can help me now?? I am in grave need of help. Thank You
    Bro... where did you read about that???
  • Ronit Haldar
    Ronit Haldar
    Hello everyone,
    I am a final year IT engineering student from pune university year(2016) 2012 pattern, My B.E result is First class and all subjects are cleared. But I have a backlog in T.E, a single subject in which I have 27 marks(12 out of 30 and 15 in 70). what should i do,is BOP is applied to this condition ?
  • Debonita
    Debonita
    Hello ppl. I have a backlog in my last sem of mech engg. 2012 pattern. I have scored 20 out of 30 in insem and 19 out of 70 in endsem. Am i elligible for bop? What should i do?
  • Debonita
    Debonita
    Hello ppl, i have a backlog in last sem of my engg. 2012 patt mech engg. I have scored 20/30 in insem and 19/70 endsem. I need to score 28/70 to clear it. Can i apply for bop? I desperately need to pass. I have cleared all other subjects witout grace. Please help.
  • DR Civil
    DR Civil
    I am be civil engineering student 2012 course. I have 1 backlog 19/70 end sem and 14/30 in sem, that totals 33 in a BE paper. I have secured a seat in mba college, but with backlog i can proceed Can anyone suggest me what can be done.
  • DR Civil
    DR Civil
    DR Civil
    Certified CEan
    I am be civil engineering student 2012 course. I have 1 backlog 19/70 end sem and 14/30 in sem, that totals 33 in a BE paper. I have secured a seat in mba college, but with backlog i can't proceed.rest all subjects are cleared without grace. Can anyone suggest me what can be done.
  • chinmay89
    chinmay89
    I have only one critical in se rest all subjects are cleared but i have also given grace marks in second year. can i apply for bop for that critical subject
    i have total of 35 marks in that subject
  • Anonymous7
    Anonymous7
    chinmay89
    I have only one critical in se rest all subjects are cleared but i have also given grace marks in second year. can i apply for bop for that critical subject
    Yes I believe you can apply for it. But you will have to check if BOP is still in the system or not. I had heard talks of it being removed but you should definitely ask about it in your college office..if you find no luck there go visit the university.
  • chinmay89
    chinmay89
    Anonymous7
    Yes I believe you can apply for it. But you will have to check if BOP is still in the system or not. I had heard talks of it being removed but you should definitely ask about it in your college office..if you find no luck there go visit the university.
    thank you
  • Pushkar Kulkarni
    Pushkar Kulkarni
    Hi.I had one critical subject from second year second sem. (Second year first sem- all clear)
    scores for concerned subject
    First attempt- online-29 Theory-11
    Second attempt- online -32 theory- 7
    Third attempt- online-33 theory - *most probably below 15 but above 10.

Also, i got one grace mark for another subject in the same sem (second sem). Does BOP still exist? If yes..will i be able to take advantage of it?
    Kindly help.
  • Sanket Tekade
    Sanket Tekade
    what's the procedure for Best of Performance in pune university?
    Plz reply
  • sumit dhangar
    sumit dhangar
    chinmay89
    I have only one critical in se rest all subjects are cleared but i have also given grace marks in second year. can i apply for bop for that critical subject did u get ur bop applied then..I also have a similar situation
  • Pushkar Kulkarni
    Pushkar Kulkarni
    As per my knowledge, bop system doesn't exist now.
  • Sohani
    Sohani
    Hi I have. Failed in my oral exams in 3rd semester can I give my oral again in next i.ee in 4th semester_?
  • Meezan Shaikh
    Meezan Shaikh

Hello, I am in SE I had a backlog in FE and now I failed in it, as per the criteria I don't have 20 marks in theory exam out off 50 but my yotal is 40/100, and failed in it... Am I eligible for the BOP... I have scored 15/50 in theory 

• tim page
    tim page

Hello

Result of student to waive benefits of ordinance. Best of Performance. 

Best Assignment Help Australia

[url=#-Link-Snipped-# Assignment Help Australia [/url]

• Prajakta Mahale
    Prajakta Mahale

I have only one critical in se (m3) rest all subjects are cleared but i have also given grace marks in second year. can i apply for bop for that critical subject.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The motorcycle aficionados around the world should have taken note of the Castrol Rocket - soon to be the world's fastest motorcycle with a record breaking speed of about 606...
The WikiLeaks server that hosted the site during the release of classified US State Department docs, is now available on eBay for $25,200. The server belongs to Swedish Internet service...
If you're a Founder looking for an equally awesome Co-Founder, here's your chance to meet your ideal match at the Startup Saturday Gurgaon - Cofounder Search! When: September 14th, 2013...
First - everyone is an idiot to certain degree in various situations. So we can safely assume that you must have come across people who are more idiotic than you...
All the auto enthusiast had headed to Frankfurt to view the historic Autoshow and Here is a quick and short note on the cars launched in Frankfurt Autoshow. Frankfurt Releases:...