View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12758 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Apr 10, 2012

Best Looking Bridges In India

I'm looking to compile a list of the best looking bridges in India. I've visited Kolkata and believe that the Vidyasagar Setu is arguably one of the best looking bridges constructed in India.

vidyasagar-setu-kolkata
Image Credit: Wikipedia

Looking for more 😀
ISHAN TOPRE
ISHAN TOPRE • Apr 10, 2012
West Bengal CM, Mamta Banarjee recently announced the construction of Bharat's longest bridge. Its length is expected to be 100Km😨 Can you believe it? It would be great if some CEan confirms it.

Well until now, it is the most famous bridge in Bharat. The Howrah Bridge-
[​IMG]
Image Credit: Kolkata Guide.
Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare • Apr 10, 2012
Another one is the Brahmaputra bridge: Its a Cantilever type bridge and a longest one over the Brahmaputra River in Assam. They say a drive over the Brahmaputra Bridge along the Assam Valley to the Kaziranga National Park is most enjoyable ride.

See:

Brahmaputra-bridge
ISHAN TOPRE
The Bandra-Worli sea link is an attempt to reduce the ever increasing traffic in the western corridor of Mumbai. It provides a much needed relief o traffic situation as it takes 5.6 Km than the usual 8 km to move from Bandra to Worli.
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Apr 10, 2012
I somehow don't think that the Bandra Worli Sea link looks beautiful. But a night-shot can change my views. Any CEan from Mumbai - could you please click a nice shot for us?
ISHAN TOPRE
[​IMG] or
[​IMG]
Feather
Feather • May 6, 2012
Jadukata Bridge in Meghalaya is the longest span cantilever bridge in India. You can see the beauty of the bridge in this picture -

Jadukata-Bridge

Share this content on your social channels -