Best laptops for college students under Rs 30,000 in India

One of the most difficult decisions one has to take during or before joining college is this: Which laptop is good for me which fits my budget? I am sure most of you must have faced this situation once. So I am writing this to recommend some really good budget laptops for College students. But I must warn you that under 30k, you must not expect to play GTA V at full graphics settings. Any machine at this price is capable of doing daily tasks like web-browsing, playing full HD(up to 4k in some machines), making presentations, editing documents, and writing code. The laptops coming at this price cannot be used for Graphic intensive applications like video editing etc.

Before suggesting some laptops, I would like to tell you what things you should look for before taking any decision.

1.Brand: A number of brands are out there in the market but not all are good and reliable. I recommend you go with Lenovo, Acer, Dell or HP. My favorite is Lenovo because the make or design is very nice and the laptops are very easy to open in you want to replace Ram, hard disk etc. I can tell from my experience that HP laptops are very hard to open. For instance, you have to take out the keyboard to reach the Ram and Hard disk. How ridiculous is that!

2. Graphics Card: (Always prefer Nvidia cards over ATI Radeon if you have an option) Although you cannot expect great graphics performance from a budget laptop, I have seen many systems coming with a dedicated graphics card. But then you have to pay the price. You would not get original windows pre-installed. In my opinion, one must always go for original windows as some critical updates are released every now and then which are absolutely necessary for your safety. For example, the Wannacry Ransomware attack was prevented on fully updated systems. The recently discovered #-Link-Snipped-# will also be addressed with a windows update. Pirated Copy users do not generally have the luxury of these updates as Microsoft also checks for pirated copies via Updates.

3. Screen Size: Only two screen sizes are available nowadays: 15.6 inches and 14 inches. If possible, go for 14 inches as these systems provide a longer battery backup.

4. Processor: Just go for Intel core i3. AMD A8/A9/A10 are also very worthy competitors.

5. RAM- 4 GB DDR4 Ram is sufficient for everyday tasks.

Here are some suggestions with pre-installed Windows 10:

1. Lenovo IdeaPad 320-15ISK 80XH01FKIN 15.6-inch Laptop (6th Gen Core i3-6006U/4GB/2TB/Windows 10/Integrated Graphics) for Rs 32000. Buy it #-Link-Snipped-#.

Acer Aspire 3 A315-51-356P UN.GNPSI.001 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i3-6006U/4GB/1TB/Windows 10/Integrated Graphics). Rs 27,500 approx. Buy it #-Link-Snipped-#.

HP 14q-BU006TU 2017 14-inch Laptop (Core i3-6006U/4GB/1TB/Windows 10/Integrated Graphics. Rs 31,000 approx. Buy it #-Link-Snipped-#.

Because everyone will not buy a laptop with original windows, here are some suggestions for them:

1. Acer A315-21G NX.GNPSI.002 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i3 6006U/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ Integrated Graphics)- This is a very good option under Rs 25,000. Buy it #-Link-Snipped-#.

2. HP 15 APU Quad Core A10 - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/DOS/2 GB Graphics) 15-bw084AX Laptop (15.6 inch, Smoke Grey, 2.1 kg)- This is another worthy competitor under a price tag of Rs 30,000. AMD's A10 is a pretty fast processor with performance better than core i3. Buy it #-Link-Snipped-#.

Lenovo APU Dual Core A9 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/DOS/2 GB Graphics) Ideapad 110 Laptop- A very good option a good gaming performance as well. Buy it #-Link-Snipped-# for Rs 28,400 approx.

Although the laptops listed above are some really good options, you should do your research before buying as new models are launched quite frequently. If you think I missed some good laptops, please share them and help fellow students.

Replies

• Dipankar Ganguly
    Dipankar Ganguly
    I would like to add to your list, my suggestions of some of the best laptops in approx Rs 30k budget.

1. #-Link-Snipped-#: With Intel 6th Gen Core i3, 8GB of DDR4 RAM and 1TB HDD this is a good value for money if one is willing to give up on having a laptop bundled with original windows 10. It comes loaded with MS-DOS OS. HP has provided with two RAM slots so if needed, one can further add another 8GB memory stick to expand the RAM to 16GB.

2. HP Core i3 6th Gen Laptop - Best deal @ Rs.999/Month.No Cost EMI only @ Flipkart.: Intel 6th Gen Core i3, 4GB of DDR4 RAM (2 slots provided for expansion by up to 16GB) 1TB HDD, DTS Studio Sound. Decent specs with Windows 10 64 bit OS pre-installed.

3. #-Link-Snipped-#: Comes with Core i3 6th Gen, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD and Linux preinstalled.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

https://www.mddionline.com/5-things...-gates?ADTRK=UBM&elq_mid=2791&elq_cid=1069623 https://www.mddionline.com/why-bill...ba1f57&elqaid=2791&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=1214
A nagging coworker is the worst thing to get, but that's an inevitable fate you just have no control over. However, you should not forget that you are a grown-up...
All of us fondly remember those mesmerizing fun days of College fests. More so if we happened to be the organizing team of people. The whole exercise of course meant...
You have already known about how to write an email asking for appraisal. Now we shall talk about what to do when you have successfully managed to grab that appraisal....
Are you annoyed with those unwanted calls and advertising SMS es from telemarketing companies? The SMS es flood our inbox and the calls are really disturbing during a busy day....