Best java book?

In big programs sometimes I face problems while understanding the flow. Which book I should choose first from below books?? After reading reviews on google I am confused.

Which book is best?

Head First java or Thinking in java

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The head first series books are aimed at newbie programmers. If you already are programming and need a reference; I'd pick Thinking In Java over Head first. However, you will be able to find a ton of resources online, absolutely free of cost. There are other Java books you may consider -
    1. Effective Java
    2. Java Complete Reference
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Kaustubh Katdare
    However, you will be able to find a ton of resources online, absolutely free of cost.
    Agree & Java Technologies Tutorials is the most preferred one.

& Welcome to Crazyengineers 😀
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Thinking in Java would be little overhead for starting Java programming.
    Head First is good one. TutorialsPoints is good place to practice with examples.
    I suggest to whatever you read in Java. Practice immediately. In case of doubt just clear from book or head to stackoverflow. I am sure you will get full explanation there.
  • Shreena Verma
    Shreena Verma
    Thanks anoop for giving idea... 😀
  • Shreena Verma
    Shreena Verma
    Thanks vikram and kaustubh 😀
  • Jasim Chouhan
    Jasim Chouhan
    #-Link-Snipped-# JAVA the complete reference by herbert schildt
    go for it. the best book which i found for beginr.
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    Now a days one of the best way to learn java is to download the syllabus from internet and explore each and every topic using google search engine.

You can ask your doubt's on the forums like crazyengineers.
  • Shreena Verma
    Shreena Verma
    Thank you all for your response.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com is now owned by Google's parent company Alphabet. Just a few days ago, Google announced that all its businesses will be operated by a parent company that will assume...
If you use Microsoft Excel, you ought to know Chandoo - a self-made entrepreneur, who started from a small personal blog read only by his friends and went on to...
Plz send me answer key of isro paper of mechanical stream for last 5 year
We have total 100 rs and we need to buy exactly 100 birds. The prizelist for birds is as follow: 1) 1 parrot = 5 rs 2) 1 craw =...