Best HD Movies To Watch At Home

What are the best high-definition movies to watch at home?
I have been looking for buying a few blu-ray disks.

Can we make a list of the best HD movies to watch at home?

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    The first movie you have to watch is Avatar!

I watched it on blu-ray on a 40" LED screen with home theater! Needless to say, the experience was one of the best movie experiences in my life! (except for the fact, that my 3 yr old nephew was bugging me constantly)
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I would love to watch all the three parts of the Lord of the Rings trilogy in high definition..

Oh!! I simply love the trilogy too much! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    silverscorpion
    I would love to watch all the three parts of the Lord of the Rings trilogy in high definition..

Oh!! I simply love the trilogy too much! ๐Ÿ˜€
    I have done that at my friend's place. It really is pure pleasure to watch it in Blu-Ray.
    Do not miss a change to watch it in hi def. And do so with good sound system and big screen. Even though the movies are all around 3.5 hours each, you will never know when times goes by. We saw the 3 movies back to back without even a hint of tiring or getting bored ๐Ÿ˜€

The trilogy pack is 113gb+ big ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I guess I will just go and get the Trilogy! ๐Ÿ˜
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    yea, don't miss it!
    have you seen the movie or the read the book earlier?
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I've seen all three movies countless number of times. Only, I haven't watched them in high definition.

Will try to get them in high def and watch!
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    @SS
    am a big time fan of LOTR too ๐Ÿ˜€

@AKD
    have you seen them earlier or read the book ?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I haven't seen them earlier. I will first read the books and then go for the movies.
    That's what I've learned from the Harry Potter Series. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    OMG! You haven't read the books? Be quick and read it up. You will fall in love with that world and the characters once you have read it up
    I was going to suggest about reading up 1st and then watching the movies. I too did the same (and hence missed the opportunity to watch them in the theatres ๐Ÿ˜” )
    Read the books and then proceed to the movies. Though, to be honest, the director has done a great job with the movies too. But if you dont read the books 1st, you will miss out the true essence of LOTR.

My suggestion AKD, start out with the Hobbit and then proceed to the LOTR. Then watch the movies and then read The Silmarillion.
    The Hobbit is actually the prelude to the LOTR series. A movie is in the making.

Trust me, read that 1st and then go onto the LOTR series. You will love that world.

And yea, once done with them, go over to the Inheritence trilogy (though its a 4 book series now) starting with the Eragon, then Eldest and Brisingr. You'll love them too ๐Ÿ˜€

Btw to all LOTR fans, hope you know LOTR is coming up in 3D soon within a year or two. Am dying to watch it in the theatres ๐Ÿ˜€

Another movie worth watching in hi def is Saving Private Ryan. Wonderful war movie by Spielberg featuring Tom Hanks.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    @All: Watch Avatar in BD ROM!!! Awesome quality with 3D Video and 3D Surround Sound... ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    One of the best intellectual film: Inside Job! Highly recommended!
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Tangled and Rio are good... ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello....Can anyone helpme out in how to use a single supply opamp amplifying micro volt signals..? I have used the technique of shifting the virtual ground to vcc/2 with tlc272...
if your pen drive shows when your trying to do format "the disk is write protected " then.. 1. Open Start Menu >> Run, type regedit and press Enter, this...
Friends, I am going to buy a digital camera for vacations. I was thinking which one is the best? I want one for a rough and tough use. Something like...
where we use roller supports?? and how it works??? plz give me some common examples.
Dear all CE s, I am not able to use graphical functions in C. I am using Devcpp compiler. Can you clarify.....................?