Best GATE Computer Science 2012 resources,esp. correspondence courses from institutes

Hi all ! ๐Ÿ˜

I want to give GATE 2012 in Computer Science.

I have a few questions:

1. Is joining a coaching institute necessary ? All my friends have joined a coaching institute (about 4 months before). I feel much more comfortable and 'productive' studying on my own. But still its hard to decide. Also, I feel as now very little time is left, I would only be wasting my time in coaching institutes.

2. Which correspondence course/books shall I get (considering the fact that I will be studying on my own). I have heard that materials of Made-Easy and Brilliant (I read somewhere that its very big, will I be able to complete it ?) is good, but I am not able to decide between them. Also, I understand I can read the UG textbooks, but I don't think I have time left for that, as I didn't make any notes and would now have to read them cover to cover. So I want material that would cover most of the things and preferably has many questions.
Also, my friends tell me that these materials have a lot of errors (including the book by GK publication), and as I will be studying on my own, I will not have much guidance in this regard and will face much trouble if that is indeed the case.

Please suggest me some resources considering these things.

Thank you very much in advance !!๐Ÿ˜€

shitij

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    Re: Best GATE Computer Science 2012 resources,esp. correspondence courses from instit

This would help you: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • hypernova
    hypernova
    Re: Best GATE Computer Science 2012 resources,esp. correspondence courses from instit

Thanks Reya ! That thread answered most of my questions.
    So I am going with Brilliant material, but please tell me that do I need to buy new material only or old one (like for GATE 2011/2010) will suffice ? (how much difference will there be ?)
    Has there been any changes in GATE 2012 format as well ? (other than eligibility criteria)
    Also, someone was telling me that as this time IIT Delhi will be making GATE, for Computer science, it will give more questions on Data Structures and Algorithms. Is that true to any extent ?
  • Pensu
    Pensu

@hypernova: Check this, u will get answers to all your doubt:

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • hypernova
    hypernova

Thanks Pensu !
    I should have checked the official site first. I came to know a few more things.

But still, I must start my preparations asap, so I am asking this again:
    Will Brilliant Tutorial material for GATE Computer Science 2011/2010 be ok, or I should buy new one only. The new one is pretty expensive.

Thank you in advance !!
  • Pensu
    Pensu

I studied last year from GATE FORUM material. But i used it only for revision. I concentrated more on standard text books.
    But i have heard that Brilliant Tutorial material is quite good. They have explained things very well. And i dont think there is much change in syllabus, so you can go with old material also. But i will advice you to refer to text books. They have clear explanations. You still have a lot of time. Start studying and i am sure you will get a good score.
  • manubhat
    manubhat

I will start my preparation for GATE from today.I have 4 months in hand.
    So got to start intense preparation from now.
    Can i begin my preparation from my UG text books?Am in final year now.
  • Reya
    Reya

@Manubhat: Yes,you can! Go ahead! All the best ๐Ÿ˜€
  • manubhat
    manubhat

Thank you Reya ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

SKF spherical roller bearings support 40-tonne opening deck on South Wales bridge | Application Story | Source
I am using win 7 so i have installed dev c++ software for c programming. Its working fine But output window get closed when i am returning any value.. guys...
Hello friends, Presently many of MNC and Indian companies are visiting several Colleges and institutes for campus placement. For the preparation of it, you have to learn and solve the...
Chetan Bhagat is back with a new book and it's titled Revolution 2020 - Love. Education. Ambition. This time, it's a story of three friends (two guys and a girl)...
HBR Blog Network - Harvard Business Review