Best file compression software

I had been struggling these days to save the files in my pc but due to excess size of files I was forced to delete the files.Please suggest me the best file compression softwares available in the market out there?
Is it reliable to use compression softwres to compress my files?
How much is the probability of loosing my file during file compression.
I had searched over the web and following softwares were the ones I had found.
7-zip,IZarc,PEAzip,Zipgenious and Hamster.

#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    As you're Windows user, learn compressing using UHARC.
    I have seen 4.7GB GTASA compressed to 695 MB with UHARC.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Abhishek Rawal
    As you're Windows user, learn compressing using UHARC.
    I have seen 4.7GB GTASA compressed to 695 MB with UHARC.
    Yes Abhishek I had heard about it a lot but Is it a freeware or a paid one?Is it reliable?Can I get the full file uncompressed wiithout any corruption?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    CSK AUTO
    Yes Abhishek I had heard about it a lot but Is it a freeware or a paid one?Is it reliable?Can I get the full file uncompressed wiithout any corruption?
    No idea as I never used it.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    winzip is there it is a paid app
    peazip is another and it is a freeware it seems

By the by the quality of compression in any zip files is comparatively really high and the file is restored to almost the same without any loss in quality

PS: Which file type are you going to compress text or other file types
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    If the compression is done via a reliable source / utility as UHARC, and if it successfully undergoes that process, the data won't be corrupted unless it is clean. Plus The ratio of compression depends completely on the type of data, type of compression technique, utility versatility and your requirement. But the best compression you will get cannot forced beyond that optimum level.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Conqueror
    winzip is there it is a paid app
    peazip is another and it is a freeware it seems

By the by the quality of compression in any zip files is comparatively really high and the file is restored to almost the same without any loss in quality

PS: Which file type are you going to compress text or other file types
    I would like to compress video files.What can the best way Cean
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Use format converter software to convert your format

Cos if you compress your .avi file the file quality loss will be almost the same as that which comes as a result of converting the format to other lossy formats

Any compression of data to reduce size is lossy format so change your file from existing format to mpeg or other related formats

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I know it's quite late. But here's toast to the deads who are reason why India is free now. Toast to all the unsung heroes/Freedom fighters who sacrificed their life...
Dear CEans, A little background: I work for Industrial Valves Mfg firm. We make industrial valves of bigger sizes & larger pressures(up to 23000 psi) , so it is a...
What is the difference between "members" and "guests" in this site ?
just saw an TV debate highlighting those words . there was a debate which i felt had had an intentional say that technical degrees are of no use because investors...
Hey guys, I am writing this article on some basic tips to apply security on your web accounts. This will help you to secure your account and data, and help...