Best Design for Speaker system

There are many possible speaker box designs available like Bass Reflex System, Infinite Baffle, Passive Radiator, Band Pass and Dipole speakers system.

I am aiming to obtain maximum Bass output out of the box structure. Any thoughts which of the above structures would be the most suited for my requirement and why ?

Replies

• engrasad
    engrasad
    YourTechMate
    There are many possible speaker box designs available like Bass Reflex System, Infinite Baffle, Passive Radiator, Band Pass and Dipole speakers system.

I am aiming to obtain maximum Bass output out of the box structure. Any thoughts which of the above structures would be the most suited for my requirement and why ?

there are three suggestions

bandpass design,
    normal but complete airpack
    L-shaped...

now i explain them ...
    band pass design is the one, in which , ur subwoofer usually, are inside a box, and is covered fully ,such that ,it cannot be seen. also , it is completely coved, so no air can come to it....

normal but complete airpack...
    this type of system have usually woofer, though we can see the woofer face,, but the back is fully covered.. so no one can see the back,,, also all the design is complete air tight. as above.....the Harman-karden HK-395 model is an ideal example... i also have that one.. u can search on google. and watch out the deisgn
    L-shaped.....
    this type of box have a woofer,, of right angle type., the woofer is on hypotenous,... and the opening hole to escape the air , or echo is on the top of it.....
  • YourTechMate
    YourTechMate
    Ok, So which one of these would be best suited to get maximum Bass Effect. I believe 'bandpass design' and 'Bass Reflex' design are the two major NOMINEE for the maximum bass effect. Any thought on this ??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello all you out there , i am looking for people who have a knowledge in electronics and would really like to help me out. i am doing mechanical engineering...
CEans, I want to know what you all think about adding social networking features on CrazyEngineers. Following are the social networking features:- 1. Ability to authorize friends. 2. Ability to...
Friends, Could you please post the best FireFox 3 themes you know? Let's build a collection of best themes available for Firefox ;-) My favorite are : The Google Chrome...
CEans, We will celebrate the month of November as The CE Month 😁 and 26[sup]th[/sup] as CrazyEngineers day 😉 (CE's foundation day!) . We have been thinking of conducting an...
CEans, CE came to life on 26[sup]th[/sup] November 2005. Next month, we will complete three years of our existence on the Internet 😁. Let's get started with the planning for...