Best core java books for developrs

Could any one tell us which books are good for Java developers.. I have list of few books. Help me in knowing which is good :

1.Thinking in JAVA - Bruce Eckel
2.Java(TM) Puzzlers: Traps, Pitfalls, and Corner Cases - Joshua Bloch , Neal Gafter
3.Effective Java - 2nd Edition - Joshua Bloch
4.Java Concurrency in Practice - Brian Goetz, Tim Peierls, Joshua Blich,Joseph Bowbeer , David Holmes , Doug Lea
5.Head First Java, 2nd Edition - Kathy Sierra, Bert Bates

Replies

• stevenreed034
    stevenreed034
    Thinking in Java By Bruce Eckel
    Java(TM) Puzzlers: Traps, Pitfalls, and Corner Cases By Joshua Bloch , Neal Gafter

• born_star16
    born_star16
    Thinking in JAVA - Bruce Eckel. This is really good😀
  • vinci
    vinci
    thanks for the suggestions ...i will try this one 😁.but is this book helpful in development ?
  • 123_neha
    123_neha
    there is one more book by nageshwar rao
    for the beginners balguruswami is good one
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    head first java is quite interesting...and equally informative
  • monujatt
    monujatt
    i m agreed with #-Link-Snipped-#........ 😀
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Frooty
    Could any one tell us which books are good for Java developers.. I have list of few books. Help me in knowing which is good :

2.Java(TM) Puzzlers: Traps, Pitfalls, and Corner Cases - Joshua Bloch , Neal Gafter
    4.Java Concurrency in Practice - Brian Goetz, Tim Peierls, Joshua Blich,Joseph Bowbeer , David Holmes , Doug Lea
    Go with Head first java, FIRST and try to cover all topics and create a little project.
    Pattern of learning java is when you have read two pages you must feel a zeal to create some programs about it. Other wise change the book or look for some related topic on Java Forums at the Big Moose Saloon😀
    After that Thinking in Java and Effective Java good books to read.
  • Jaspreet S
    Jaspreet S
    Frooty

You can have java concepts, From jungle to java, java in 60 minutes a day from here. Quite very nice place with limited but quality books
    Java Ebooks
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    From what I downloaded, Jungle to Java has got nothing to do with Java the programming language.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Richter: "CLR via C#" Troelson: "Pro C# 2008 and the .NET 3.5 Platform" Albahari & Albahari: "C# 3.0 in a Nutshell" Hejlsberg, Torgersen, Wiltamuth, & Golde: "The C# Programming Language,...
Head First Design Patterns -O'Reilly Media Design Patterns Explained: A New Perspective on Object-Oriented Design, by Alan Shalloway and James R. Trott
Lot of people hate presentation, it scares to dealth in many situations. But taking few time to prepare for presentation will really bring a relaxing situation for anyone.I know that...
Python: the complete reference" by Martin C "Programming Python, 2nd Ed "programming python" by Lutz from O'Reilly
DHS Claims Foreign Suppliers Have Embedded Malware in U.S. Electronics - Mobile and Wireless - News & Reviews - eWeek.com