Best Anti-Virus for Macbook Pro?

So I got a Macbook Pro and I'm far more familiar with the Windows free anti-virus softwares. Any suggestions for a good, efficient, and free anti-virus for this operating system?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You'd just be fine without any anti-virus on your Macbook. But if you feel safer with an AV software installed, you might want to give AVAST a try - #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    Nice, Avast looks like it's about the best free software available. Thanks a lot as I've lacked trust in downloading many of the anti-virus programs. I'm curious what the ratio of hackers would be when it comes to Mac vs. Windows.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hackers don't usually like to hack personal computers (unless they're aware of some very critical information). Hackers and crackers usually target server / public computers. But given the popularity and reach of Windows; the OS will always have more hackers than OSX. Windows 8, I hear is very secure; except that someone's just figured out how to crack the admin password 😒.

I've been using Mac for quite some time now, but haven't had anyone trying to access my personal computers. Even if someone does, it's going to be complete waste of their time because the only software I have is a paid email application, Office for OSX and some productivity software.
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    Hah, you cracked it didn't you? =p I actually had a major virus on my windows xp laptop once. I believe it was a worm that I somehow downloaded and it was corrupting my anti-virus software; very sneaky. Eventually the Dell Laptop's Hard Drive crashed, and I lost 20+ pages of hand-typed HTML for a personal homepage that I was creating. =\ Lol, none the less I got over it, and I am thinking about creating a new one with Mac. I'll have to learn the language, which shouldn't be too bad.
  • sksaxena
    sksaxena
    You don't really need an antivirus for Mac. As it is UNIX based, hackers lost their interest towards more popular environment i.e Windows.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

To overcome the problem of ELECTRICAL CRISIS IN INDIA
why 4GB RAM actually have the capacity of 3.7 GB.similarly 2GB(1.8GB)
Hi friends, I want to join B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering) from SNU and BS (Electrical and Computer Engineering) from CMU. This is a dual degree program offered by shiv...
Can anyone give practical implementation details of PARTOV SIMULATION ENGINE discussed in the IEEE paper titiled "Improving a Computer Networks Course Using the Partov Simulation Engine" by Behnam Momeni and...
can any one tell me the difference between line and phase...