Best 3G Dongle In India - Recommendations?

What I've been noticing is that that 3G dongles available in India are very specific to the network operators. That is BSNL's dongle won't work with Idea's SIM card. That'd make us buy a new dongle if we wanted to switch operator. But MNP removes that need. However, the speed and quality of 3g connections would largely depend on the dongle itself. Let's see what's the best 3g connection dongle available in India. Tell us your own views about the dongle you've used or plan to use. It would help a lot of CEans make a decision.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    If you really want to use BSNL dongle with other Operator than you can use as most of the dongle are supplied by HYUWAI. Just update it's firmware and you can use any SimCard. πŸ˜€
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    The_Big_K
    What I've been noticing is that that 3G dongles available in India are very specific to the network operators. That is BSNL's dongle won't work with Idea's SIM card. That'd make us buy a new dongle if we wanted to switch operator. But MNP removes that need. However, the speed and quality of 3g connections would largely depend on the dongle itself. Let's see what's the best 3g connection dongle available in India. Tell us your own views about the dongle you've used or plan to use. It would help a lot of CEans make a decision.
    I would prefer using MTNL 3g 4500 plan unlimited for 6 months
    take a card from mumbai
    It uses bsnl 3g network all over india in roaming

With a awesome network in nagpur
    It gives you a constant 5 mbps and more there

Use it with huawei e173
    e173
    More Details :#-Link-Snipped-#

you will really enjoy it . I used it there when i was at VNIT campus for their fest
    It can be used all over india , Data usage on roaming is free
    mtnl plans
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Airtel is good.. πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    godfather
    If you really want to use BSNL dongle with other Operator than you can use as most of the dongle are supplied by HYUWAI. Just update it's firmware and you can use any SimCard. πŸ˜€
    Really? How do I go about updating its firmware?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Really? How do I go about updating its firmware?
    I'll let you know all the details and also firmware updater.

@Gandlf: Now i think i have to try it atleast once.
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    godfather
    I'll let you know all the details and also firmware updater.

@Gandlf: Now i think i have to try it atleast once.
    Yeah , You should surely try , its great !!!

Portability and speed is its benefit
    And in some areas Frequent disconnection may be a issue faced where network is sparse
    but with auto dial in Huawei , you need not worry much about it

If you live in a city like nagpur where it is triband (7.2 mbps )You should surely consider it at this price
    😁
    😁
    Hey what about this? Get any wireless connection and point the DNS servers to Google Public DNS... 😁
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    Praveen-Kumar
    Hey what about this? Get any wireless connection and point the DNS servers to Google Public DNS... 😁
    Yes I use it . its better than your current dns provider
    ( 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4 are public dns ip's for ipv4 )
    Gandalf
    Yes I use it . its better than your current dns provider
    ( 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4 are public dns ip's for ipv4 )
    Yeah, having that with the wireless (worthless) providers and make our internet boom right?
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    Praveen-Kumar
    Yeah, having that with the wireless (worthless) providers and make our internet boom right?
    It boosts just Your browsing performance better than your ISP . Not much change in Download speeds of course.
    Open DNS is another option you can explore it has more features !!!
    Its free

for more
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Gandalf
    It boosts just Your browsing performance better than your ISP . Not much change in Download speeds of course.
    Open DNS is another option you can explore it has more features !!!
    Open DNS has some issues in Chennai, or may be India, as we won't be able to get the DNS servers resolved. Am using Google DNS and finding it very very good. 😁
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    Praveen-Kumar
    Open DNS has some issues in Chennai, or may be India, as we won't be able to get the DNS servers resolved. Am using Google DNS and finding it very very good. 😁
    yeah i know it has issues in india just suggested a alternative !!!
  • Abhishek Swain
    Abhishek Swain
    The_Big_K
    Huawei E173 is the best performing datacard priced at around Rs. 1750.
    Use Aircel 3G if you want a better experience of broadband. Aircel offers high speed internet access of about 3.8 - 4.5 Mbps(practically tested) which kills the concept of buffering while watching HD videos online. Try it !
  • Abhishek Swain
    Abhishek Swain
    Friends I just missed some important information in the previous post.
    For Huawei E173, you need not launch the supplied software. Once you install the drivers, you will get a Mobile Broadband Hotlink created in the "Network and Sharing Center". After that, once you plug-in the dongle, you will be automatically connected to the internet within 10 seconds.

Another suggestion would be Alcatel X220E. One of the best dongles that supports Rx diversity and establishes a highly reliable internet connection. But it lacks the USSD option.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I can't seem to find the make of my 3G dongle. I bought it when I purchased it. Is there a way to determine the make?
  • Abhishek Swain
    Abhishek Swain
    The_Big_K
    I can't seem to find the make of my 3G dongle. I bought it when I purchased it. Is there a way to determine the make?
    Download and install the DC Unlocker software to just know the model and make of the dongle. It shows the make and the current firmware version also. This s/w is used for unlocking purpose.πŸ‘
  • Satish CPT
    Satish CPT
    The_Big_K
    I think airtel is best 😁

Source: Which is the Best 3G USB Dongle? - Airtel, Idea, Vodafone 3G Plans
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Airtel may have a better network, but Bharti does not manufacture their own 3G dongles. I guess they label the HUAWEI products as their own. I heard from my friends that Airtel's got variety of dongles from different manufacturers.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I have Airtel-Huawai dongal...πŸ‘
  • Satish CPT
    Satish CPT
    The_Big_K
    Airtel may have a better network, but Bharti does not manufacture their own 3G dongles. I guess they label the HUAWEI products as their own. I heard from my friends that Airtel's got variety of dongles from different manufacturers.
    No one manufactures their own products bro πŸ˜‰ Even Idea takes from Huawai.. Because they wont concentrate on production which is no use to them. But with a deep and in depth research, i found out Airtel is lot better compared to others πŸ˜‰
  • iishu
    iishu
    I have tata docomo dongle its speed is unbelivel it goes up to 7.2 mbbs
  • ROYALE77
    ROYALE77
    Kaustubh Katdare
    in my city , no 3g airtel .. please tell HUAWEI is better with idea 3g ?
    2- which should I pick up HUAWEI or AIRCEL dongal ?
  • ROYALE77
    ROYALE77
    D-Link DWP-157 vs HUAWEI-E3276
    which is better ?
  • Akshat Verma
    Akshat Verma
    There is so such thin as best 3g dongle as everyone its own merits and demerits.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The India Against Corruption (IAC) team has launched a new portal jailchalo.com to ask people to register their interest in going to the jail in support of social activist Anna...
Lets make a list of ideas related to solar projects. I will give it a start - 1. Solar Car Lift Jack Electric car lift jacks are common. Making the...
Asterisk is a six legged spider like robot developed at the Osaka University. The limbs are smart and can work like hands. Very versatile, it may one day be deployed...
Quote: Thanks to a new online toolkit developed at MIT and the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, any researcher who needs to find a material with specific properties β€” whether it’s...
I am doing a project on hydrogen based vehicle. here we are producing hydrogen by electrolysis process from water(stainless steel as electrode & sulphuric acid) but we are unable to...