BEngg Aero RMIT University - Seeking Career Advice and Support

Hello All,

I graduated from RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia in December 2010, with a Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace engineering (at 26 years of age). Worked as a Document Controller (civil department) for a South Korean Construction Company for 10 months. The work was completely unfulfilling and clerical in nature and I decided to leave last December.

I am currently seeking employment in India (I am an Indian Citizen), as a fresher in the aerospace engineering Industry, but the problem is that, since I have some health issues (manic depressive) which interfered with my education (I only scraped through most of my courses) and since I graduated over a year ago, my confidence as an engineer has taken a nose dive.

There are times when I remember how insurmountable the odds were against me graduating, and how I manged to graduate anyways. But then there are times when I feel like I may have just gotten through the my degree and not really learned anything. I started my Engineering degree at 21 (because my parents were dead set on sending me overseas, but couldn't really afford it). I am 28 going on 29, and I've had little experience as an engineer. I really like working with Engineering design software, and I think I have an aptitude for airframe analysis (with a little further training I could be really good).

However, I am no longer confident that I should continue to pursue my dream of making a meaningful contribution to the world as an aerospace engineer.

I have joined your forum seeking support, and advice from those who may have walked a similar path as I have, or some words of wisdom.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I had a triple boot system with windows 8, windows 7 and ubuntu using the windows 8 bootloader, but due certain glitches; i had to reinstall ubuntu and now the...
My self komal kumar sahu ,i am the student of Bachelor of computer Application (B.C.A) from Rungta Group of colleges ,kohka,Bhilai,Distt-Durg(C.G). by Punjab Technical University,jalandhar.As.i m doing my B.C.A course...
Wipro is one of the leading IT & software services company in India. Lot of engineers looking to apply for job might want to have a look at the most...
Hello All, I am Crash, a new member here, I hope to share my knowledge here with you , and get your help we I need lol. It is a...
I need your help if any one cane help me through the Use Cases and Actors. I have to get 20 Use Cases , for the topic : Management Flight...