Beijing Daxing International Airport - World's Biggest - 2,680 Hectares Area

Beijing Daxing International Airport is going to be the world's biggest and the busiest Airport, with an area spread of 2680 hectors (of the size of Bermuda) and carry about 120 million passengers every year. The construction of the Airport is expected to complete in 2017. The location of the airport will be in Daxing, a rural area 46 km south of Tiananmen Square in China.

The airport will have 8 airports dedicated to civil aviation and another runway dedicated specially to the military and airforce. Once complete, it will not only become the main airport in Beijing but will also put the Beijing Capital International Airport to #2 spot. The construction is expected to begin in the next 1-2 months.

Photos -
Beijing Daxing International Airport

NACO-BNIA-MP-Design-Competition-jpg_090252

Looks like the Chinese will now rival the Arabs in building the best and the biggest. Interesting civil engineering project to keep an eye on, for sure. What say, folks?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So, time's up CEans. As Voted by majority of CEans, our technical topic of discussion for today (21/10/12) is NFC (Near Field Communication). Hence, post anything technical related to NFC...
What is a system file?? Is it possible to delete a system file? And how can change any file to system file?
it is a thermodynamic closed system process.in cor not cycle this is present.
my self anjali zendre. completed mech. engg. and i am preparing for IES exam.
people say that if u want u can do any thing u can challenge the world....i want to know how?