Beforehand Robotics

I have watched plenty of videos for robotics, which in a result got me very much interested in this specific subject.
So, if I wanna pursue robotics as career & master this shit, what should i know beforehand i get into it ?
I know C,C++ & Java as languages, any other language to be known ?
I have read that you must know very detail about microprocessor & Microcontroller. also, you must know CAD-CAM & some mechanics basics & something like that ......

A detailed guide of which concepts should i clear before jumping into robotics will be highly appreciated 😀

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Not sure if it will be useful, but I made some threads about robotics quite a while back, when I was a college kid.. I didn't complete the series as I wished to, but still, I think this provides a good intro at least, of what to expect in robotics. Do have a look..

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    And as a side note, I would like to say, there is no beforehand and afterhand while learning robotics. Or learning anything, for that matter.

Just start with something.. Do some mistakes, learn and make them right.. Just do it.

Don't worry about languages and all, as of now. Since you are a CS engineer, I think you would have a good grasp of languages anyway. You might want to look at basic electronic circuits and components like diodes, transistors, relays etc.. and other discreet components. That would help you understand what is really happening inside the robot when you give a forward() or a stop() command through your programming language, whatever language that might be.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Thanks man for guiding 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Nowadays mechanical engineering is infiltrated so much by electronics and IT that areas like robotics have become mechatronics.
    If you want to make a career in robotics , mechatronics is a must. If you are in India, the Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics under DRDO, ministry of Defence, Govt of India have a good R&D facility in Bangalore.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    In my opinion a grounding in mechatronics will be useful for any career in Mehanical Engineering production. Some background info is available in these links:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    PDF
    CENTRE FOR MECHATRONICS IIT KANPUR
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Mechatronics Lab Tutorials

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

guyzz as my windows is not genuine, it got a black screen on my TFT due to update through internet. so how to make it genuine without formatting the PC.
Finally, Cognizant has gained the title of the second biggest IT services and consulting company in India, toppling Infosys to #3. Cognizant declared its financial results mentioning $1,795 million revenue...
I surprised and shocked to see how much revenues the major IT companies in India make per employee. Cognizant: $44,452 per year Infosys: $46,629 per year Source: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/itslideshow/13062668.cms Now, how...
Are you tired of slow download speed in steam .... There are loads of free games in steam that you wanna play ... but waiting for downloads ... you hate...
If you are a small startup with < 5 members, you might consider using Teambox for team collaboration. What's the best part of Teambox? Well it offers integration with Dropbox,...