Battery and its charger

hello to all members,

i have a lead acid battery of 4 volt and .8ah rating i use it to glow led light in case of emergency i want to ask the rating of charger which i use to charge this battery smoothly

thanks in advance

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    I hope your battery is rechargeable. If yes then you need a step down transformer of 4V and .8amp use a brigde rectifier to convert to DC to charge your battery
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    You should charge a battery with a slightly higher voltage than its rating. I'm guessing your lead acid battery has 2 cells? Around 5V should be alright.

For the charge current.. 200mA should do (granted, it will take a while). Charging at 800mA is quite dangerous!
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    But chargers are expected to deliver exact voltage rated in batteries and high-end chargers do so too..

ash
    You should charge a battery with a slightly higher voltage than its rating. I'm guessing your lead acid battery has 2 cells? Around 5V should be alright.

For the charge current.. 200mA should do (granted, it will take a while). Charging at 800mA is quite dangerous!
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    use around 5 v charger it will work i suppose

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]1. In a lottery there are 35 tickets in all, 10 bearing prize numbers and 25 [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]are blanks. A lady draws two tickets and random. What is...
Indian IT major, Cognizant is promoting over 15,000 associates (below manager level) across its global campuses. Effective May 01, 2010 the employees have assumed their new roles. Its also being...
Q:Jan is baking. She needs 4 cups of sugar. Her problem is that she only has a 1/2 cup measure and a 3/4 cup measure. What is the least number...
hiiiii biggie i have a suggestion that we can view the common chat section in the forum page.when we switch into another page or if we don't scroll below to...
Hi guys, Let us discuss about some of the Interview questions based on C and C++. Here is my first question. 1) Can we pass arguments to main() in C....