Basic mechanical subject to Crack GATE?

i m mechanical student..
i want to creak GATE exam..
which technical subject are more essential for gate preparation.. ?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am tagging CEan #-Link-Snipped-# here. He can help you with queries related to GATE exam. ๐Ÿ‘
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    You need knowledge of your complete technical subjects for performing well in any exam. Anyways-GATE is more of an exam that evaluates your basic undergraduate knowledge.
    If you want to *crack* GATE, then you need to study production engineering, Mathematics, and thermal engineering in detail. Please note that the subjects mentioned above carry the highest marks.

For better score, you would not want to miss Strength of Materials, Fluid Mechanics, IM&OR and HT. ๐Ÿ˜€

All the best ๐Ÿ‘
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    these are the following:

Mathematics.

Engineering mechanics, solid mechanics, kinematics of machinery and design of machine elements.

Thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, thermal engineering, I.C engines.

Manufacturing technology.
  • jAaNoo
    jAaNoo
    How many % of marks do the thermal sub carry on whole in gate :/
    p.s: i ain't that good in thermal subs ๐Ÿ‘Ž
  • darkwarrior111
    darkwarrior111
    anjali zendre
    i m mechanical student..
    FOLLOW THIS-gate exam is of 100 marks and for a bright and good future with gate you should atleast score 55 or above,which is just more than 50%.

this shows that if you leave some topics than also you can do well but the point is what topics.i will list some topics which you MUST study-
    1. thermal engineering (including thermodynamics,ic engine,refrigeration and air cooling,heat transfer)
    its weightage will always be around 15 marks
    2. manufacturing engineering which will come between 15-20 marks.
    3.strength of materials comes around 10 marks.
    4. maths+aptitude will always come around 30 marks
    your 70 marks syllabus is covered and for the rest 30 marks you can choose some topics as per your comfort.
    REMEMBER-this are the pridictions from previous years gate paper and can vary.
    always prepare above your target than only you will acheive your target.if you want 55 marks than prepare for 70+ marks.
    BEST OF LUCK
  • anjali zendre
    anjali zendre
    thanks..
    darkwarrior111
    FOLLOW THIS-gate exam is of 100 marks and for a bright and good future with gate you should atleast score 55 or above,which is just more than 50%.

this shows that if you leave some topics than also you can do well but the point is what topics.i will list some topics which you MUST study-
    1. thermal engineering (including thermodynamics,ic engine,refrigeration and air cooling,heat transfer)
    its weightage will always be around 15 marks
    2. manufacturing engineering which will come between 15-20 marks.
    3.strength of materials comes around 10 marks.
    4. maths+aptitude will always come around 30 marks
    your 70 marks syllabus is covered and for the rest 30 marks you can choose some topics as per your comfort.
    REMEMBER-this are the pridictions from previous years gate paper and can vary.
    always prepare above your target than only you will acheive your target.if you want 55 marks than prepare for 70+ marks.
    BEST OF LUCK
  • anjali zendre
    anjali zendre
    thanks frnd... thank you very much. for your reply.. definitely it will help me.
  • darkwarrior111
    darkwarrior111
    visit my thread gate previous year question and solutions,which may help you.just study with full concentration as time left is less but sufficient ,if utilized wisely.
  • madeeasy8
    madeeasy8
    anjali zendre
    i m mechanical student..
    Engineering mathematics, Applied mechanics and design, Thermal Science and engineering are the technical subjects for mechanical branch. Always you must concentrate on concepts of every subjects.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to shear some study materials for mechanical students how i can add here? i have some pictures also.
Hi , I am new to this forums , so HI to all . I am a software developer and just started my journey in electronics side . I had...
Friends, I have got an enquiry for the design & fabriction of PIG TROLLEY which is used to launch a PIG in a pipeline for cleaning purpose. If any one...
Hi..!! I am Maneesh Chowdary presently pursuing final year b-tech MECHANICAL ENGINEERING. My aim is just to be a part of any invention or a creation which the world welcomes...
"Visibly Smart, Top-of-the-Line Performance for Your Most Demanding Tasks" the tag line of core i-7 , which has gained die hard fans for itself well to beat its and to...