Basic Electronics: Part II Inductors

Inductors : Its just a coil of wire which offer resistance to flow of current through it.
Consider a narrow channel of water flowing through it. It has a big paddle wheel in it whose paddle are in the water.
Initially , the water is not flowing . Now let the water flow through the channel.
The paddle wheel will not allow the water the flow until it gains the same speed as that of the water flow.And then if you then try to stop the flow of water in the channel, the rotating water wheel will try to keep the water moving until its speed of rotation slows back down to the speed of the water. An inductor is doing the same thing with the flow of electrons in a wire.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Requesting all CEans to post their Android's Home Screen. Do mention launcher's name & icon theme too. Rolling the dice first : ​ Launcher Name : Trebuchet Icon Theme :...
Smartphones, now-a-days, use off screen gestures for various purposes such as opening apps, navigation, text input, etc. Thanks to one such gesture recognition app, taking “selfies” or “groupies” has now...
Quote: Watch the kids try and figure out how to use a 1970's era computer in another special Old Technology episode! Endquote
I want to built a device that can be attached to an analogue or digital speedometer of a motorcycle which will transmit data wireless'ly to an external display. existing speedometer-attach...
Sir I am student of electronics & communication . I am interested in IT field.I wanted to make career in software testing but I hve some doubts. 1- Could ECE...