basic doubt

In the metals you say that the fermi level is the highest occupied level. likewise in a semiconductor I need to know the significance of fermi level in it .Why is it assumed in the first place?.

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    It is the main reason behind the doping content. If more fermi level, more the congestion... This is the equation...
    [​IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

IIT Delhi Golden Jubilee Lecture by Steve Ballmer (CEO Microsoft) on 26th May 2011 If you happen to be in and around the NCR region, here's a great opportunity for...
I m doing my B.tech in Instrumentation & Control engg( 1st year completed...) frm NIT-Trichy....I wanted to get started into my course frm dis summer vacations....so plz advise some basic...
Hello mates, Just been thinking about it in the past few days and I wanted to share it with you so hopefully we can find a solution. Is there anyway...
Hiii Guys.. Plz tell me where do i go for the Computer Science Training.. 😕
A video lecture series on Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures by Prof. N. Dhang, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. [video=youtube;pIdaC_I6H_M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIdaC_I6H_M&feature=player_embedded[/video]