Basic difference between 2G,3G,4G network?

I dont know basic difference between 2G,3G OR 4G network or say basics of these networks...kindly help me wid that...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Post moved to a new thread in Electrical/Electronics engineering section.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    In 1G, Narrow band analogue wireless network is used, with this we can have the voice calls and can send text messages. These services are provided with circuit switching.Then in case of 2G Narrow Band Wireless Digital Network is used. It brings more clarity to the conversation .Both the 1G and 2G deals with voice calls and has to utilize the maximum bandwidth.In 3G Wide Brand Wireless Network is used with which the clarity increases and gives the perfection as like that of a real conversation. The data are sent through the technology called Packet Switching .Voice calls are interpreted through Circuit Switching.Then with the case of Fourth Generation that is 4G in addition to that of the services of 3G some additional features such as Multi-Media Newspapers, also to watch T.V programs with the clarity as to that of an ordinary T.V. In addition, we can send Data much faster that that of the previous generations.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Nice explanation goyal

You could have formatted it a little bit to make it more easily readable

and doesn't 3G also provide multimedia services ? I think it does! Correct me if I am wrong
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    yeah I also think ...but I read this ...it only mention this
    anyhow..I will try to get more knowledge about it...and will clarify this
  • patsham
    patsham
    HEY thanks goyal.nice explaination😛
  • piyushh
    piyushh
    well.. one more thing we hav the basis difference between 3g n 4g..if we come to the core..in 4g they hav used ..QPSk with QAM....OFDMA..i.e orthogonal fdma.and few month ago though not sucessfull but..they hav commertially tried..synchonous..cdma..to solve the problem of timedelay in uplink
  • chaitanyagymnast
    chaitanyagymnast
    In 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G what does the G means???

is it frequency related or just generations??
  • nikki jain
    nikki jain
    G relates to infrastructure.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    G stands for 'Generation'. It's basically an indicator of the progress in technology in communications domain. So 2G refers to second generation communication technology and 4G is the current generation (aka the 4th Generation) of technology.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir am doing project on rrns convolutional concatenated code for OFDM based digital communication and my paper is https://www.waset.org/journals/ijecse/v2/v2-2-12.pdf help me
Official Website: www.radianceiitb.org Radiance, is the Annual Research & Technological Festival of Mechanical Engineering Department, IIT Bombay , organized by Mechanical Engineering Association . Conceptualized in 2007, Radiance over the...
Can anyone please post some useful link to learn phonetics quickly for an english exam tomorrow? Some examples of phonetics or some related information.. 😒 Thanks
making it faster and easier to share, post and email links Google enters the this buzzing space with the increasing popularity in the social networking sites and updates The benefits...
hey frns , this is vijay ,and i want to make some electrical and electronics project do u have some idea ,it must be innovative......😁