Barrons 19th Edition Has No Word Lists

If you check the new Barron's revised 19th edition for new GRE, you won't find the 3500 word list that was on old GRE version.

Does that mean you don't have to focus on memorizing the LONG word lists anymore?

I think the answer is no. Your suggestions and comments are invited.

Replies

• raminjpr
    raminjpr
    AbraKaDabra
    If you check the new Barron's revised 19th edition for new GRE, you won't find the 3500 word list that was on old GRE version.

Does that mean you don't have to focus on memorizing the LONG word lists anymore?

I think the answer is no. Your suggestions and comments are invited.
    Hi Ankita, You are right, there is no 3600 words in new Barron's GRE, Since you don;t have analogies and antonyms in this New GRE, Barron felt its un-necessary to add it , In the New GRE Text completion and sentence Equivalence are the 2 sections which could check your vocabulary, but if you could understand the sentence and able to bring your own answer and then correlate that with the choices and choose the answers with the process of Elimination and narrow your answers ... you could do well without memorizing the 3500 words and try to concentrate more on the High frequency words. That's It.

So say No for 3500 barron words ... just practice as many Sentence equivalence and text completion questions...

All the Best for all the New Revised GRE Test takers.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A lot of people use Kaplan books for GRE preparation. I haven't heard any feedback for those books for the Revised New GRE. If you have bought it, please share...
can the ce genius sitted here suggest me hw to groom myself to be a good computer science engineer...the things i should do and the things i should avoid. m...
Creating animation is one of my hobby...! GoAnimate - Independence Day(obama shock) - Watch animation
Google has declared that it's buying Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion! 😲 Google said it would pay $40 a share in cash for Motorola, a 63 percent premium to the...
can anybody give me advice how i can do research in cloud computing????