BARC Online Exam 2014 Preparation For Computer Science Student

Hi...I m from CS discipline n i want to about the exam conducted by BARC...n which technical subjects should i concentrate more to get shortlisted?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Good question.
    To get selected in BARC, you can opt for one of the following -

1. GATE Score:
    Candidates can apply on the basis of a GATE-2013 or GATE-2014 score.
    GATE cutoff score for short-listing candidates for Interview will be declared on this website in the second week of April, 2014.

2. BARC Online Exam:
    This exam is conducted in the second half of March, 2014. All candidates applying on the basis of a GATE-2013 or GATE-2014 score can also opt for the Online Exam.
    In fact, as per their website, it increased their chances of being screened into the Selection Interview.

There is no set syllabus for BARC Online Exam. There is no aptitude test of English language skill question on the paper.

Since you are a computer science engineering student, you can focus on topics such as Graph Theory, Operating System, Database, Data Structure and Programming and Networking. Cover all the basic concepts and prepare for multiple choice questions.
  • Rising star
    Rising star
    @#-Link-Snipped-# thanku 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# What is your preparation strategy? Have you started studying? Do keep us posted.
  • rahul55
    rahul55
    I am From Computer Science and Engineering discipline and i Want to know about the pattern of BARC online test Can anyone please share anything please?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    rahul55
    I am From Computer Science and Engineering discipline and i Want to know about the pattern of BARC online test Can anyone please share anything please?
    Sure.

BARC Online Exam Pattern:

All questions of the Online Exam are of objective type (multiple choice questions with only one correct choice of answer).
    1. Each correct answer fetches 3 marks
    2. Each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1mark).
    3. No marks are awarded for questions not attempted.
    4. There will be 100 questions in all.
    5. The questions are so designed that a good candidate will be able to answer 100 questions in 120 minutes.
    Syllabus:

The syllabus for the Online Exam is specific to the Engineering discipline which a candidate has selected. The questions are intended to assess the basic understanding of subjects in the area of the Engineering discipline selected by the candidate. Emphasis would be on the knowledge and problem solving ability rather than on the memory of the candidate.

NOTE: General English, General Knowledge, Aptitude etc are not assessed.
  • vivek barsopia
    vivek barsopia
    what are subject having least weightage in BARC exams?
  • vivek barsopia
    vivek barsopia
    what are subject having least weightage in BARC exams?
  • sudhajagan
    sudhajagan
    Hi,

I applied for the BARC exam without Gate Score. Is it k and plz provide me the exam pattern for CSE candidates.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you are a student who has applied to take the BARC Online Exam in 2014, here are some of the important dates that you all should note down. BARC...
If you thought that with the advent of Graphene, things are going to change drastically in the electronics domain and solar device manufacturing, wait till you hear about "tungsten diselenide"....
As promised by the folks over at Twitch, the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, Xbox One today receives the Twitch app update. This version features a lot...
Friends I am doing my final year project related to hydraulic. I need some clarifications.. In all the websites i have referred the specific gravity for the hydraulic oil HLP46...
permissible stress for mild steel,cast nylon