Bangalore tops prestigious innovators list

All is not lost for Indian Engineering. Here is a report on the prestigious MIT T35 list. Those who make the grade are under 35 innovators. What is very encouraging is that six of the 20 awardees are from public sector institutions like IIT and CSIR.There is a sole woman, Priyanka Sharma, from the CSIR Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh.

May there be a fair representation of the fair sex in the coming years. How about CEans?

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Are all of them IITians? 😲
    I liked the story of the guy who became 'Innovator of the Year' ->

​
    The youngest is Anirudh Sharma, who is Innovator of the Year.​
    All of 24, he works at Ducere Technologies, and won the award for developing a haptic shoe for the visually impaired. Called Le Chal (which is β€˜take me there' in Hindi), the idea behind the technology is that the shoes provide haptic feedback (using tactile feedback based on vibration or motion) to guide visually-impaired users while walking. The wearers voice their destination on Google Maps on their smartphones, which then communicated through Bluetooth to the heel of the shoe. The wearers get instructions in the form of vibrations emanating from the shoe's four vibrators, Sharma explains.​
    ​
    ​

Do such projects get appropriate funding to become usable products in the market?​

​
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    AbraKaDabra
    Are all of them IITians? 😲
    I liked the story of the guy who became 'Innovator of the Year' ->
    Do such projects get appropriate funding to become usable products in the market?​
    Only six were from IIT and CSIR type labs.
    DST does a lot of promotion of entrepreneurial ventures.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tirunelveli district in Tamilnadu has a host of windfarms. It is also the current centre of controversy about the Koodankulam Nuclear plant. There has been some discussion in UK about...
For professionals, who want to brush up their knowledge and students who want to know the basics of on a range of topics of engineering interest a slew of eBooks...
Hi, I am in my final year now,and want to do MS in electronics in US. My academics records are: BTech(upto 6th sem):8.66 XIIth-86% Xth-91% I havent appeared for gre...
String S1 = "M, B , C , A , E " String S2 = " X , Y , Z , A, C" Problem: Given String 1 and String...
Let us remember the heroines of the suffragist movement that shook the male citadels in the early 1900s: https://awesomestories.com/assets/al...ries&utm_campaign=March+2012&utm_medium=email