Bajaj RE 60 Price - Worth It?

Baja has recently #-Link-Snipped-#the Tata nano competitor just few days before the Delhi Auto Expo 2012. The car offers 200 cc engine which is rear mounted and the mileage RE-60 delivers is 35 kmpl ! That's quite amazing. I do not have the detailed engine specifications at the moment; but the car seems to be inspired from the auto-rickshaw Bajaj designs.

The price of re-60 is expected to be between $2500 (INR. 125000 - 150000). Given that Tata Nano price is in the same range, do you think Bajaj re 60 price is justified? Share your opinion considering the looks, engine and overall design. What do you think?

Replies

• Naveen Rathee
    Naveen Rathee
    The_Big_K
    Baja has recently #-Link-Snipped-#the Tata nano competitor just few days before the Delhi Auto Expo 2012. The car offers 200 cc engine which is rear mounted and the mileage RE-60 delivers is 35 kmpl ! That's quite amazing. I do not have the detailed engine specifications at the moment; but the car seems to be inspired from the auto-rickshaw Bajaj designs.

The price of re-60 is expected to be between $2500 (INR. 125000 - 150000). Given that Tata Nano price is in the same range, do you think Bajaj re 60 price is justified? Share your opinion considering the looks, engine and overall design. What do you think?
    The mileage is 35kmpl is on standard condition only. I have doubt on safety also. Tata nano has passed crash lab test .I am not sure it will pass or not.Nano received the green
    signal from Britain's Vehicle Certification authority.It just looks like a toy car.
    Bajaj, Renault and Nissan abandoned their joint low-cost car project in July last year amid differences over the direction of the project.

Renault had voiced concern about the quality of the final product. It has just a single advantage of mileage only in comparison to Nano.Which will you prefer The Big K in these two small cars??
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    Mileage is not just the only thing that Indian customers look at. The design of the model has a key role. I did not like the Auto-Rickshaw design of the model.
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    guneet
    Mileage is not just the only thing that Indian customers look at. The design of the model has a key role. I did not like the Auto-Rickshaw design of the model.
    Same here. Whatever be the features but the look is very ugly.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Nano has better design as compare to RE-60. :thumbsdown:
  • zaki_whiz03
    zaki_whiz03
    Both Nano and RE-60 are just the modifications made to an auto rickshaw. The mileage holds good only for bench test. Bench test does not comprise load and road test as a factor. The mileage depends on the load on the engine and the condition of the road. If RE-60 is a competitor of Nano then it must have definitely taken utmost care of each and every aspect to be on par with the nano. so it may pass the crash test. but yes, in contrast Nano is more appealing than RE-60 in terms of physical appearance
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @zaki: Perfect!

I think Bajaj does not want to compete with Tata Nano and already made their plans clear - they want to target the three wheeler market. So my best guess is that that Bajaj wants to replace auto-rickshaws with the RE-60 vehicles. I've absolutely no clue about the mileage auto-rickshaws deliver in typical city conditions. That said, 35 kmpl still looks very optimistic. My best estimate is that it should be somewhere around ~20 kmpl in normal traffic conditions. If that beats the auto-rickshaws; then there's a competition.

But with one more passenger (1+4) auto-rickshaw owners could find RE-60 a better deal in the longer run.
  • zaki_whiz03
    zaki_whiz03
    @The _Big_K :
    Bingo!!! there you are.. Bajaj wants to replace auto-rickshaws. The mileage which auto rickshaws deliver is around 25-30 kmpl..
  • crazysanjay
    crazysanjay
    Nano is not cheaper now. bajaj will may be also in same line. We have to pay more for features. After huge response for booking only ! Tata Motors feel the real situation. There was huge publicity for this car. So two wheeler segment people booked this cars. But when they found that its not really one lac car, they shifted to old market. In old market you can get easily M-800 for 75 K to 100K. So after launch of Nano there is really no takers for nano. And second hand car market is in boom.
    Thats why bajaj says that it`s not a car it`s public transport vehicle ... very smart. They first closed their scooter products and now auto rikshaw!
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Hey crazysanjay

See Tata Nano is not cheaper now because Bajaj RA 60 is the cheapest car but its not like that you can have other car on same price because recently it was in news that Maruti will increase its CarDekho: New Cars, Car Prices, Buy & Sell Used Cars in India prices and other motors are also planing to do so.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to know the application of remote sensing in road construction and highway development.
Give the Exact Difference Between the lvalue and rvalue in the C lang.
Hello, I need career help. Can you please suggest me good university's or colleges for M.tech (Computer engineering or Information security)?I am having a year of experience in software industry...
Adaptive Active Phased Array Radars Near Field Communication Crystaline Silicon Solar Cells Magnetic Amplifiers Micro-fabricated Bio-sensors Remotely Queried Embedded Microsensors Electrical Impedance Tomography Or EIT Spintronics The Bionic Eye Illumination...
Please do post latest seminar topics for ECE such as - EMBEDDED BASED PROJECTS ·Real time data acquisition system. ·Traffic priority for ambulance vehicle. ·Train collision avoiding system. ·Remote control...