Bajaj KTM 390 Duke Review?

Bajaj has launched KTM 390 Duke in Indian markets. The bike's conceived and developed at Bajaj facilities in India and is said to be highly localized. The price of Bajaj KTM 390 Duke in India is Rs. 1.8 lakh (Ex-Showroom in Delhi) and the on road cost is likely to exceed Rs. 2,00,000.

The engine of the bike is impressive. It's a 373cc, single cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid cooled engine. The bike has 6-speed transmission and the engine is capable of producing 43.5 PS power @ 9000 rpm.

The chassis is made of steel trellis frame with a dry weight of 145 kg and an unloaded seat height of 800 mm.

The bike will be available across Bajaj Pro-Biking showrooms all over India. If you happen to test-ride this bike, please do share reviews with us.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Looks seem okay But headlight design is not upto the mark in my sight

But over all okay If your pocket is deep enough to offer 1.8 Lakh for a bike this is truly a good game
    jpg

Let's see any CEans willing to ride this monster
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've personally never liked the design of KTM bikes. But that could just be me. I'm particularly interested in knowing how's the ride comfort for longer journeys.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've personally never liked the design of KTM bikes. But that could just be me. I'm particularly interested in knowing how's the ride comfort for longer journeys.
    +1 for that. Looks extremely ugly to me as well.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I also didn't liked duke.
    I am very fond of new Royal Enfield 500.
    Can anyone tell me what is maintenance factor with Enfield.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    new-bmw-mp4-unveiled-photo-gallery_7

Period.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    As Mr.kaustubh Katdare said,specs may kindle a fire in youngsters. mind .But the looks make me think again before to go for it.It was musculine but ugly rear part.front part may be ok but the rear segment really creates a bad impression.tyres looks trendy and it looks like a dirt bike than a cruiser or sports bike from side view.The seat design also looks half life and unfinished,tank design was really bad.If you opt for specs rather than looks definetely you can go for it.

I want to know the mileage of ktm duke 390.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Conqueror
    Looks seem okay But headlight design is not upto the mark in my sight

But over all okay If your pocket is deep enough to offer 1.8 Lakh for a bike this is truly a good game
    jpg

Let's see any CEans willing to ride this monster

I agree with that. the headlights look terribly ugly and distorted to me.

the overall looks are not that bad if i should say so.

as for the seat it dosent look comfortable enough for two riders.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Bajaj has announced a price hike of the very successful KTM 390 Duke in India. The prices of this pint-sized motorcycle have been hikes by around Rs 7,000. At launch, Bajaj Auto had said that the 390 Duke’s Rs 1.8 lakh price tag was introductory.

Looks like the Bike is doing really well! Come 2014, the KTM-Bajaj alliance will also launch the faired 390 Duke, the RC390. We expect an Auto Expo 2014 unveil for the motorcycle.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes KTM Duke was emerging as one of the best economic sports bike we had seen in India and KTM want to really update in technical side to compete other sports bike companies.
    Price hike may not hinder sales of KTM

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can you help me about our capstone? it's a project where we design our own structural building. and We need to involve some factors that could bring a problem to...
Do you plan to visit or study in the UK? Be ready to throw £3,000 right away to the British Government. By the end of this year - every visitor...
Scientists & engineers at Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) have been working on the the Mars Orbiter Mission aka MOM for several months now and it's expected that the 'Mangalyaan'...
After the Indian Government made it compulsory for everyone to install the DTH service at home, we opted for Tata Sky in order to make our lives 'Zingalala'. But it's...
Curious to know whether the $99 console Ouya is available in India. If not, is it expected to hit the Indian marekets anytime soon? I might consider buying one if...