Baidu Vs. Google In China: The Winner Is...

The Chinese dragon is eating rival Google's lunch, at least in China. The Chinese search engine giant beat Google and gained the #1 rank in China. At present, Baidu's market share in China is 75.5% which increased from 73% three months ago according to Analysis-International a Beijing based firm declared in a statement.

#-Link-Snipped-#
Baidu Vs Google

Google is nowhere close to the Baidu and continues to drop its search market share to 19%. from 21% last quarter. Chinese search market is growing at a rapid pace and currently stands at 3.85 billion yuan [approximately $585 million] which is nearly double of the last years value. China's online population is over 450 million and it's estimated that over 80% of them regularly use search engines. Baidu's market share has been constantly improving ever since Google decided to withdraw its operations in China.

The loss in market share in China definitely means loss of dollars and advertising revenue for Google which is its main business.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Starting January 20th, 2011 all mobile network operators in India have launched MNP aka Mobile Number Portability service. The top question almost everyone is asking is whether MNP allows switching...
First look at this new Gizmo makes you believe that it’s unreal or that it belongs to some sci-fi movie. The new bizarre UR-110 uses planetary gear arrangement for both...
I bought a Micromax Q75 last November. I bought it after a very good friend of mine said that he has bought Q7 and it has got a very nice...
Online advertising has helped many websites flourish and programs like Google Adsense have made it easier for anyone to display advertising on their website and earn revenues through it. We...
Computer Science PhD student Tom Christy and professor Lucy Kuncheva of Bangor University UK are working on a prototype device that will enable computers to read and interpret human moods...