View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12763 Members
Join this group to post and comment.

Background noises in an Audio / Video file

I have to prepare a word document from an audio file (sometimes video file too) by listening to it for a few seconds, pausing and typing in the document what I hear.
So there are so many background noises, which makes it difficult for me to listen to what the speakers are saying. 😡

Is there any way that I remove these disturbances from the audio / video file?

Is there a better solution to just convert the audio / video file into a word document with just a click? 😐 These are in different languages (English, Hindi, Marati, Telugu).
X-Engineer
X-Engineer • Jan 19, 2012
to prepare a word document from an audio file
Are you preparing musical notes or lyrics of the songs??
X-Engineer
Are you preparing musical notes or lyrics of the songs??
Nope, it's like a group interview.
There is one interviewer and a couple of interviewees.
K!r@nS!ngu
K!r@nS!ngu • Jan 19, 2012
Yes. It is possible. so many kind of softwares availabale in the market for this purpose.
but i never get a chance to use 😀 try Adobe audition.
Ok I'll try Adobe Audition and check if it helps me.

But first:
You sure it will eliminate all the other disturbances like traffic noise, children in the background and others?
I want to clearly hear only human voices from the file and nothing else.
bk-ce
bk-ce • Jan 27, 2012
You can remove all the noise using a free software called Audacity. Google it and download and post back if it was useful or not.
bk-ce
You can remove all the noise using a free software called Audacity. Google it and download and post back if it was useful or not.
I tried to remove the noises with Adobe Audition, it worked.
Audacity also works I guess, I had used it once for editing a song sequence. 😀
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jan 27, 2012
Audacity does a decent job. I've used it several times and would definitely recommend it. There's one more software that I got with my guitar amp - but the interface is so complicated that I gave up on it. 😖

Share this content on your social channels -