AVG Free Edition 8 is out!

If you've been stuck with AVG Free 7.5 for what seems an eternity, Girsoft has recently rolled out Version 8.0.100 here:

#-Link-Snipped-#

What's cool?
- Its now integrated with the awesome AVG Antispyware
- Updated GUI (yay!)
- Compatible with Vista

Quirks?
Well, it'll install an AVG Security Toolbar on your web browsers, even if you chose not to during the installation as well as some other addons that you may not need (like Link Scanner).

Fret not, here's how to install AVG without any unnecessary addons:

From #-Link-Snipped-#
If you wish to install AVG 8.0 Free Edition without the LinkScanner component, or uninstall this component from your program, please proceed as follows:
  • Download the AVG 8.0 Free Edition installation package #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Run the installation with the parameters /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSurf /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSearch. One way to achieve this is to:
    • save the AVG Free installation file directly to disk C:\
    • open menu Start -> Run
    • type
      c:\avg_free_stf_*.exe /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSurf /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSearch
  • The installation will be started, and AVG will be installed without the LinkScanner component.
So far so good. The scanning was very thorough.. almost like AntiVir.

Will update this thread when I'm more familiarized with it ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Good evening to all and to the Big K, Though i am an old member i am still introducing myself as i have not done it before and not also...
CEans! We are now 11,000 members strong ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜! Keep spreading the good word! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
It's crazy to be with a lot of engineers. ๐Ÿ˜ Hope to become an active member. Thanx you guys
hello:sshhh:๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜•โ€‹
i'm an ECE 2nd yr student pls help me out with this problem it will totally decide the grade of my 5 credit course so pls help me out ....