Automating a MS Word Add-In

Hi Guys,

I am working in financial firm. I would like to aoutomate the product.
How it works? It is a add in which sits on word document, takes the data from excel and gives it to portal. Is there any way to automate it without using automation tool. Please reply asap.

Regards
Sachin

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Re: Automation...

Why is this question in the suggestions and feedback???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    So, as I guess it, you want to automate the process of extracting data from Word & Excel and publish it on your portal.

Right?
  • sachinc
    sachinc
    The_Big_K
    So, as I guess it, you want to automate the process of extracting data from Word & Excel and publish it on your portal.

Right?
    No, here i have a add in sitting on the word. There is an excel sheet i upload the data to database and word will take that data and displays in portal.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Ummm, Sachin I am slightly confused here. Why not create a small script on your server side (thats on your portal side), which will take the excel sheet, parse it, and pump that data into the database?

A simple PHP script would do. It would be better if you could give us the specs of your portal.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone, I'll be joining an IT company next month after enjoying a two month hiatus of post engineering holidays. Later on I've decided to target a post graduate MBA...
Hahaha !! Hope I got you into looking in this thread by the sheer magnitude of the title 😎 Anyways, since all of us mostly know the legendary Chuck Norris...
CEans, [My yet another newbie question 😲 ] Can we have radial tires in motorcycles? I've not yet come across a motorcycle that has radial tires. Extending on the line...
Anyone can tell me about OC Settings. A message display when i start my pc is that, OC settings fail............... plz help me...😛
Hey people i am working on project in which i am having trouble in finding device that will accept AT commands and that too serially becoz microcontroller works serially and...